The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Increase in Migraines as of late...

4 posters

Go down

Increase in Migraines as of late... Empty Increase in Migraines as of late...

Post  steph Mon 20 Jun 2011, 12:21 pm

Well, so lately Botox be damned, I have been having more difficulty than usual. I am not sure if this odd weather is bringing it on more lately, but I hate to think I am reverting! Since I live in Ohio, I am hoping it is the weather. Has anyone else noticed this? I am used to having issues with the weather bringing on more migraines, but this seems to be even more than normal. (Well, what is normal anyways for us??)

I know the Botox is helping. My husband has made several comments about "its not working". To which I have to remind him to rewind, pre-botox, and think about how I really was then. I was in bed, almost all the time, and when I wasn't I was in a chair or on a couch, with laundry up to my nose and stuff scattered everywhere, dishes in the sink and....you know how it is. Now, not so much.

I have had quite a bit of stress as of late. With him starting this new job. And then finding out he has already decided to work some overtime to make extra money. So the last week in June he will start on 8 days straight of 12 hour days. I shoul dbe happy with the economy that he has a job, BUT I am a little stressed about so many days on my own with the baby. With driving time added in it will be about 14 hours a day he is gone, the other ten a mix of sleeping and eating.

I have enlisted the help of my Mom, whatever days she has off that week she is going to help me out, and I have an old neighbor girl I am going to call if I need her to come over. I figure with the extra $$$ he will be making he can afford me that! I told him that he had better hope I can keep up with him, to which he said "you'll have to". I just frankly told him that I don't have much control over the migraines and the he knows better than that! this makes me frustrated to no end.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Increase in Migraines as of late... Empty Re: Increase in Migraines as of late...

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 20 Jun 2011, 2:16 pm

Steph

Sorry to hear about the increase in migraines, whatever the cause. It sounds like the new job and overtime should be a big help financially, so that should reduce the stress at least. The biggest issue then is help with childcare to deal with the fear of not being able to cope when you need to. If mom can help out that is the best. If not, just knowing there is someone reliable you can call on in a pinch takes a great load off the mind.

When my daughter was little I lived in a town with no family near by, and I was single parenting. Having to travel for my job was a nightmare as you can imagine. While my ex was pretty good at taking her when he could, he lived 6 hours away, so that was limited. I found a teenager whose parents I knew who was a great baby sitter. And she had two sisters and parents who were great backup and support. They really took my daughter in and I knew she was in good hands. If this older lady can provide that kind of backup or you can find a local teenager from a family who likes kids, it would likely take a lot of the stress off you.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Increase in Migraines as of late... Empty Re: Increase in Migraines as of late...

Post  Paradox Mon 20 Jun 2011, 5:35 pm

I think it's a combination of many things. I'm only a state away from you but the constant thunderstorms a dragging me down terribly.

Plus I would miss DH.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 21 Jun 2011, 8:00 pm

I am sorry too, sweetheart. It is always worrying and bit depressing when we with all our fight against M
instead of feeling better, feel worse, but let me assure you, in my 30 years of M "career",
I learned it just is like that - up and down, up and down. periods of good times and bad times, intertwined,

there is no guarantee, sadly, that after a successful treatment or two things will steer into a road to improvement.
There can always be occasional flare up in between.

But don't lose heart, sweetie, if Botox worked for you before it should still work, there isn't reason why not,
maybe it is weather, as you say it is worse this year, also maybe your hormones,
we women undergo these changes constantly,
maybe you need Magnesium, Calcium, Iron supplements, -often low Iron can be enough to HA increase,
maybe the latest streak of stress you've been under contributed to the ha's being more frequent?

Whatever it is, I am sure this is temporary and will come to an end.
nothing last forever, bad or good,
I know it's not much of a cheer especially when it comes to "good" not lasting forever
but if you look at it from the "bad" pov, it sounds a lot better :]

hugs, sunshine, hope you have a good day today

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down