The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What can I take for a cold

4 posters

Go down

What can I take for a cold Empty What can I take for a cold

Post  Paradox Sun 26 Jun 2011, 9:58 am

I don't think my boy understands something. I DONT GET COLDS. So whatever this thing is that has my neck swollen sore, my nose and sinuses full of snot, especially when I lay down, and the lovely deep cough I woke up with. What ever you are...hit the road.

What can I take for a cold? I take the antidepressant Cymbalta, zofran, and different narcotics. Anything I can't take.

Right now I'm just drinking lots of water and OJ. Oh, and taking the narcotics. No martyr here. I have a hot air vaporizer going and vicks under my nose and on my chest.

I think the constant weather fronts and changes finally did me in. Plus I work the public, and in the summer lots of kids. Hello germs!

Oh I feel terrible, especially my neck.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

What can I take for a cold Empty Re: What can I take for a cold

Post  steph Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:08 pm

Vitamin C? Or maybe that stuff invented by a teacher? I forget what it is called. Airborne, maybe? Can you maybe take Zicam, the kind you put in your nose? It might just go thru your nasal membranes and not so much in your stomach. I am not sure though. I only take the oxycodone, with the Botox, so I pretty much take Nyquil, but I cannot take the oxycodone then. HMMMMM..... Question
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun 26 Jun 2011, 12:57 pm

The best thing to take is a decongestant. And use a netti pot to clear out the sinuses.
I find this help keeps the cold from turning into sinus problems which bring on more headaches.

Vitamin C works great if you take it before the cold really sets in, at the first sign of symptoms, or if those around you have it. Same with Airbourne. Once you have a full fledged cold, they don't do so much.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun 26 Jun 2011, 1:38 pm

Thanks. It's been so long since my last cold I have no idea where my netti pot is.

I'm keeping to myself, I can't blow my nose so I'm doing that disgusting inward snuffling. You know, where you look at the person and are dying to hand them a Kleenex cause they are grossing you out. Suspect that's me today. Making disgusting ten year old snotty boy sounds.

I'll call my pharmacist later and see what I can safely take with my prescription meds,
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 27 Jun 2011, 2:18 am

I have no idea, sorry, but I hate hate hate hate colds, ugh.
Hope you are feeling better today, you poor thing!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon 27 Jun 2011, 5:00 am

Feeling somewhat better but still miserable. I had hubby give me some toradol and that seemed to help the inflammation in my nose tremendously. Plius I found a heated pack for the face that has eyes cut out. The heat helped too.

I've been volunteering in a filthy dog/cat kennel. Bites all over my legs from the puppies. Ticks all over them, though most had fallen off from the Frontline. Could I have gotten something from the kennel?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 27 Jun 2011, 3:40 pm

umm.. allergy, perhaps? not necessarily for the dogs themselves, but what the dogs may carry - pollen, grass, etc.

also. with ticks, I would always worry about getting Lyme.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 27 Jun 2011, 6:56 pm

Yes if there is any chance of tick bites, you may have gotten Lyme. I had it and it felt like a lousy draggy flu that would not go away. you will want to get checked that ASAP,
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down