The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)...

+2
Paradox
Cluelesskitty
6 posters

Go down

Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Empty Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)...

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 16 Oct 2011, 4:31 pm

Never a dull subject Smile

Lately I can't find anything truly interesting on TV or movies. Is it me, or there really isn't?

House became very monotonous and predictable a whole season ago.
The second episode was a disaster, if you ask me.

Personally, I think they could leave the House and Cuddy duo well alone and seek the drama somewhere else, but what do I know.
But I am tickled pink from the return of 3rd Rock from the Sun!! I think this one of the best comedy series ever on TV!!!

Movies - Vanishing on the 7th Street - I WANT MY 1 1/2 hr of my life BACK !!!! geez... vomit...
The Book of Eli - same here!! btw the idea is excellent but so poorly, cheesely executed. The plot so predictable,
at times stretches beyond the good taste, and I wondered can you poke me more in the eye with the more obvious metaphors?

What was a nice, refreshing surprise was I am Number Fourth.
It's for young audience a sci-fi romantic flick, but quite well done, well done!! I liked it.

I was not very much impressed with the third installment a Little Fockers, although it is watch-able, imo.
But nowhere close as the first one Meet the parents , not even Meet the Fockers, hmm.

I keep watching Murdoch Mysteries - it's a detective series based on the book written by Maureen Jennings,
story set in 1890's Toronto. It's really good. Detective Murdoch likes to use very edgy, innovative techniques to solve the murders.
He is also in love with his beautiful colleague, dr Ogden who is a coroner. But that's a complicated story in itself..

What are you watching nowadays? Your likes, dislikes?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Empty Re: Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)...

Post  Paradox Sun 16 Oct 2011, 8:52 pm

Love 3rd rck from the Sun. I'm anxious to see the movie 50/50 with Jonathan Gordon Levitt.

I want to see the movie "Bridesmaids". Favorite movies are the Sixth Sense and Harry and the Hendersons.

TV? SURVIVOR! Then any true crime forensic show.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Empty Re: Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)...

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 16 Oct 2011, 9:40 pm

It's Joseph GL sweetie, and oh yeah he did grew up into such a cool great lookin' dude, didn't he? mreoow!
Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Joseph-Gordon-Levitt-Dark-Knight-Rises

have you seen Inception? he is in this. good movie btw, a bit complicated but OK.

there is so many movies I loved and can't remember the titles - Sixth Sense, oh yeah, cool movie, gotcha to the end,
Harry and The Hendersons for the family, yeah I liked it too.

And the all time favorite Dirty Dancing.. I miss Patrick Swayze...

CSI, yeah... I think in the end I like NY the best... always was gaga for Warrick, though. that swagger Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Crazy10

Favorite movies and TV shows... again :)... Gary_d10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 17 Oct 2011, 4:50 am

Risa, I'm with you on this. All the old shows that I used to like are now slow and boring (except Grays Anatomy and Glee). All the new shows-I keep trying to like but cant. I am really looking forward the the start of the cable shows like Madmen,Nurse Jackie,Game of Thrones. I hope they dont disappoint! Movies, dont get me started. Just watched one called "Hannah", awful. I am looking forward to the next "Twilight" movie, though.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 18 Oct 2011, 1:54 am

Mad Men is good.

And one of the later movies that I like is "The Good Shepheard."

Other movies are old schoo war movies--not chick movies.

But, i will give credit for the producers of chick movies, they DO have a point. marketing, LOL, marketing.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Tue 18 Oct 2011, 4:57 am

I did like "The Good Sheppard". I hate war movies though! All those people getting shot and blown up-yuk. I like romantic comedies (but you knew that,right?) and thrillers. One of my favorites is 27 dresses. I watch it whenever I am down in the dumps and it always makes me laugh. Just for fun, I think I will start a new topic on the worst movies ever!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 18 Oct 2011, 3:15 pm

I put the "27 Dresses" on record just the other day! I will watch is soon :]

One of the best comedies I ever seen, and I consider the comedy 'best ever' if you can watch it over and over and it's still as funny
if not more as the first time:

"Analyze This"
"The Hungover"
"Death at Funeral"
"Due Date"
"What About Bob"
"Throw Momma From the Train"
"Tropic Thunder" - Ben Stiller is fantastic in this!

Ben Stiller comedy is a whole different bag of candies - almost any of his movie is great comedy.

and then there was this French- Canadian comedy you just have to watch at least twice to fully appreciate the funniness of it:

Cruising Bar - 1
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0097131/
this excellent comedy, excellent! but is old, so I am not sure if it is available anywhere anymore.

As for chick flick I really liked and miss Brittany Murphy and her Uptown Girls with Dakota Fanning. There was something about this move that was that cheesy, but quite endearing...

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:27 pm

Okay, don't laugh at me..I love all the old classic tv shows: I Love Lucy, Dick Van @@@@, Mary Tyler Moore show, Leave it to Beaver, Three's Company, Fraiser...

My favorite movies are: The Notebook(Ryan Embarassed )... Footloose ... Dirty Dancing ... Top Gun...How to lose a guy in 10 days... EverAfter.. Titanic(Leo)

Basically..I love romantic movies and comedies Very Happy

Hubby and I just watched Robinhood..I love it..Russell Crowe(mmmhmmm)

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 18 Oct 2011, 11:44 pm

Greeneyes, I swear I'm not laughing at YOU, but have you looked at your post and how the censoring program edited it? lol! I wonder if it would do the same thing if we wrote about the little dutch boy with his finger in the levee to hold back the flood?

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed 19 Oct 2011, 12:48 am

thinkingt that at all...for a minute I thought..boy my eeyesight is really bad..then I realized..

duh, I'm a blonde with a migraine..can you tell? YIKES

My husband was reading something the other..he was laughing because of auto correct and cell phones..talk about funny

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 19 Oct 2011, 1:05 pm

yes, if you google 'darn' you auto correct, you'll find a treasure trove of silly censoring. It just took me a but to remember DVD's full name (going with his initials here so I don't get censored too.) Also, please realize you'll have to dirty up the 'darn' when googling. I know that we want the racial slurs to be deleted or edited, but I think whomever programmed on here forgot that that particular word isn't just a slur about lesbians, just like the word for homosexuals can just mean happy and the word for homosexual men can also mean either a cigarette or a piece of firewood.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:16 pm

lolol Sarah, well spotted, girl Laughing

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:18 pm

btw, I just remember probably the best drama ever, hands down:

The Color Purple
American Beauty

your choices?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down