The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From bad to worse

+6
Sara79
30yrsofheadache
Migrainegirl
Greeneyes
Porsche Fan
milo
10 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

From bad to worse   - Page 2 Empty From bad to worse

Post  milo Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:00 pm

First topic message reminder :

I saw my neuro today and got some very discouraging news. I'm not ready to talk about it yet, it's that bad.

I also found out my 18 year old nephew may be missing in China...has not been heard from for two weeks since he tried to leave the country after accidentally letting his tourist visa lapse. He is a very, very good kid, so I'm pretty sure he hasn't gotten himself into major trouble. My heart says he is ok....just really hoping to hear good news.

Tomorrow is also the anniversary of my baby brother's death.

The pain in my head is so bad and I should be in my "good" period...the one I get three weeks after botox until week eight or so. Work is very pressured and it took 1 1/2 hours to get to my neuro appointment today and cost me 18 bucks to park!!!! 18!

Oh dear. Please send me some positive vibes if you have any to share.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

From bad to worse   - Page 2 Empty Re: From bad to worse

Post  milo Wed 09 Nov 2011, 7:56 pm

My old job knew exactly when I had one and no one ever thought anything of it....but I'm at a new job and I'm under scrutiny so it's not something I want to advertise. Now I have to address it because otherwise I look drunk or stoned....and that is much, much worse.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 15 Nov 2011, 12:13 am

What's new with you, Milo?
At work and with your nephew??

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 15 Nov 2011, 8:11 pm

Thanks for asking ck. The nephew is waiting for his exit visa. I think he will be ok now that he has paid the fines and applied for it. Even if he gets detained (heaven forbid) he still will be able to provide documents to show he has applied for exit. I'll be happy when he gets home though.

I haven't seen any improvement but I do have my injections coming up at the end of the month...so fingers crossed!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Thu 17 Nov 2011, 4:15 pm

I have just recently been back and have been following this post, all freaked out!!!! CHINA????? Well this is a stretch and I have been thinking on it. I haven't talked to my family yet, but I do happen to have some family in CHINA right now. They have been living there for 1 & 1/2 years so far for his job. If this situation were to get any more serious, like it isn't already, and there is anything I might be able to do, please let me know. I don't know what but maybe just getting them in touch with your nephew or something??? they are really nice people from Michigan, I am sure if they can help they would. It has been a while since i have talked to them, and we are not super close, but family is family and they are really wonderful and loving people. Keep us updated.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 17 Nov 2011, 6:50 pm

That is so kind Steph.

I came online to update because I am sick with worry. I found out yesterday that he HAS NOT paid the fine yet!!!! And he seems to have "spent" some of the money. THis is very, very, very odd. This kid is extremley sheltered and has never done anything "bad" his whole life. The worst thing he ever did was accidently set off a fire alarm in school with magic paper. He is just not kind of kid.

I'm so very worried he is in some sort of trouble as it makes no sense at all that he would have spent some of the money.

Steph is your family anywhere near Beijing?

I have a feeling one of us will soon be making arrangemenst to fly out there and get things figured out.

Please keep him in your thoughts.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Thu 17 Nov 2011, 9:48 pm

I believe they may be, I will msg them, but they don't always get email, or facebook or anything very quickly or often because of the nature of the government there. It is sometimes hard to communicate, I will send it shortly here and let you know...
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Thu 17 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

They are in Shanghai, and I really am not sure how far that is from Beijing, but I did send them a message, so hopefully I will hear something soon. Her facebook is entirely empty, so I am not sure what is up with that, unless it is that govt thing again...
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 18 Nov 2011, 7:13 pm

I appreciate it. Thanks.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Sat 19 Nov 2011, 7:59 pm

I will keep trying to contact them and let you know how far I get. They may make it home for the holidays, it is in his work contract that they are flown home a couple of times a year. If I cannot get ahold of them before they return, I am sure to see them. Please let me know if develops in the meantime. I am very worried. After talking to my husband, we are both concerned with the factions that are in other countries. We are hoping this is just some big misunderstanding for you nephew and that there is no serious trouble going on! Please take care and let the rest of his family know there are people pulling for them!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 20 Nov 2011, 4:03 am

Oh gosh, that indeed very curious and worrisome about your nephew, hmmm.
If you have any news, Milo, please let us know.

And how are you doing, health wise?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 21 Nov 2011, 6:48 pm

Really bad news this morning. He went to pay his fine and they took him immediately to jail. I'm sick with worry, as you can imagine. I am not a prayer, but all of my thoughts are hoping and wishing that he is in a safe place where he is able to communicate with at least a few people. I'm hoping he is detained with other "internationals" and not in a regular jail with hardened, violent criminals. I hope he has something to keep him busy and keep his mind off things.

We are told he will not be home for Christmas. This is indeed a horrific turn of events. Please forgive me if I do not share too many more details. I promise I will update when he is safe.

Thank you all for your prayers, positive thoughts and support. Please keep this sweet young man in your thoughts and hope for his safe return.

We are assured that his only reason for being detained is the visa and that there is a major discrepancy between what two authorities are asking of people who are currently there with expired visa's. The people who grant the exit visa are providing one document (which you pay a very heavy fine to recieve) but when you arrive at the airport the authorities there refuse the document saying that you need the same document in a "photo ID version".

Until the two authorities agree with each other, many more people will be stuck in my nephews situation. This appears to be a new disagreement between authorities and is why he has not been able to leave earlier.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:34 pm

I am so sorry to hear what's happening, and I hope he's healthy and in a safe place.

Please don't forget to take care of yourself with all that's going on, I know family stress can be a huge trigger for me.

I've got my voodoo chicken out for you and him right now. Let us know whatever you're comfortable with telling as you can.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 21 Nov 2011, 9:57 pm

It is a very difficult place without the type of due process we are used to. Is there anything the consulate can do to help him?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 21 Nov 2011, 10:32 pm

The consulate can only ensure that he is being treated the same as any other prisoner. They will see him Wed their time, which is tomorrow my time.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 21 Nov 2011, 11:52 pm

Well, hopefully they will be able to tell you something. While Chinese detainments can be long depending on all sorts of politics, it's unlikely he is being mistreated. This could be a long process. I hope you are able to not worry too much. Making yourself sick will not help.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 22 Nov 2011, 6:19 pm

No
Gosh, Milo I am SO sorry. I strongly hope everything will be sorted out quickly, though,
and your nephew will survive this with no serious problems at all.

And ditto to taking care of yourself amidst all this - you gotta.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:03 pm

I do feel better tho that you know where he is, and that he isn't the only one in this situation! I was really hoping something would be heard from him soon. I am sorry the news isn't the best, but it is at least better!
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 22 Nov 2011, 8:32 pm

The consulate assures us that no complaints have been logged regarding the treatement of Canadians in the detention centre he is being held.

There will be no phone calls to or from him. There is nothing that can be done to speed things up or change any outcome. We now just need to wait and hope that he is ok and keep him in our thoughts.

Thanks again for your support, prayers and positive thoughts.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 25 Nov 2011, 1:04 am

Ahhhh, no communication, grrr,
and let's hope their assurances are true enough.

So we acn not do anything expect wait patiently, sigh.

Ok let's wait, then, since nothing's left and Milo if you know anything please drop a word?

How are you doing, anyway?
How's you head, and the other stuff? any news from your drs?
any definite diagnosis as to what causes your other symptoms, please?

Hope you are doing well, regardless, hon.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 08 Dec 2011, 7:43 pm

A tiny glimmer of hope!!!!

We have fifth-hand information that my nephew may be released "Monday or Tuesday". There is no way to confirm this...but we are all very, very hopeful. I'd appreciate your continued positive thoughts!!!!

Thanks everyone and I'll update as soon as I have info. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 08 Dec 2011, 9:43 pm

Fingers crossed!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Thu 08 Dec 2011, 11:33 pm

I would have shaken my dinner before I put it in the crockpot, but it was a pot roast, so happy voodoo cow thoughts?!? I hope everything works out for him and you.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 13 Dec 2011, 7:37 pm

I don't have any details except that he was on the flight and has landed safely back in Canada! Yay. I'm hoping to get an update once they have made the drive home. Thanks again for all your support!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 13 Dec 2011, 9:59 pm

Milo that is great to hear. I'm sure it will take a big load off your mind!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 14 Dec 2011, 12:44 am

I'm so happy for you and him.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down