The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad M and vent

+2
Porsche Fan
sconesail
6 posters

Go down

Bad M and vent Empty Bad M and vent

Post  sconesail Mon 20 Feb 2012, 7:07 pm

Hi All,

For the past week or so, the migraines have been particularly bad. There's been a lot going on, and I think part of this one is a "Let-down migraine"- the one that hits right after a big event.

I have had a lot going on lately. First of all, my roommate's uncle had a stroke about two weeks ago. For the first week, he improved, and then had a second stroke, which really got him. He passed away last Thursday. The funeral was today and I was there for all of it- visitation, service, graveside, and lunch. He was a very dear man, and even though I haven't known him for long, I really loved to talk with him and stuff. Also, his death was almost identical to the way my roommate's father died. I made it through everything today. But the headache is bad.

I was also able to speak to my roommate's cousin, who is a neurologist at the University Hospital about 90 miles away. I used to see a wonderful neuro there, but he left several years ago and his replacement is also leaving. He did give me the name of the new guy who deals with headaches and I will probably see if I can get in with him. Another opinion can't hurt.

In addition to all of this- there has been the whole Cleveland Clinic issue. I wrote a letter to both doctors and sent it certified mail- I will call later this week to see if this gets any response, though I doubt that it will.

I am also fainting way too much.

But right now, the pain is really getting me. Nothing I have is really touching the pain at all- the ultram, klonopin, T3 and benedryl is finally helping some. But not enough. It is too soon to get another infusion. I don't know what else to do except try to distract myself, go to bed early and hope it gets better.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Pain free days
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad M and vent Empty Re: Bad M and vent

Post  Porsche Fan Mon 20 Feb 2012, 11:30 pm

sorry to hear scone. wishing you the best--hope your pain goes down.

take care,
PF
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 21 Feb 2012, 4:39 pm

I am sorry about the friend's uncle, Scone, that must have been quite a blow Sad

And I hope Cleveland for once will react with decency, and respond adequately. Particularly you left a paper trail.
Fingers crossed!

May the pain leave you alone!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Tue 21 Feb 2012, 6:09 pm

Hi All,

Thanks for the replies.

The head is really bad and I have no idea what to do. I have klonopin as one of my rescues- but it isn't doing much. I may call my neuro to see if there is anything at all we can do for this one. I am not sure what to do right now- I may ask if it would be worth it to switch to something else, but I hate to do that especially considering the fainting issue. I just don't know. Right now- T3, benedryl, klonopin, and periactin are helping a little bit. I'm just worn out, tired, and scared. I just hate this.

Yes, Robin's death was quite a blow. But we do know that he is at peace now and that is good. He was a very dear man and I wish I could have known him better.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 22 Feb 2012, 5:28 am

Maybe you could use a stronger pain med than T3? I know you have done this before, but maybe if you only used it when you are at the end of your rope. Since your rescue meds dont work, I think you need to change it up. I have been using the "lollipop" for almost a year and it is very effective for me. No visits to the ER, which is a record for me. I'm not saying you should use it, just that there are a lot of more effective pain meds than what you are taking. I do hope you get some relief soon.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Wed 22 Feb 2012, 10:40 am

Hi Sailing...I'm sorry for your continued struggles.

I just want to put in my two cents on "J" HA Clinic/Center. You and Anna have the same doc there. They DO have some new tricks up their sleeve these days, and obviously Anna is able to try them.

The hard part is getting these same treatments at home because we can't keep going back to "J" for them in the future. But it at "J" that she is being able to try them (the "J" way), with our insurance paying for it.

I feel like after months and months of working through issues, we are closing in on a do-able solution. If the treatment Anna will get next week will work for her pain problem. Even if it is short term relief, at least we will have something to build on!!!

Cheryl

Anna's Mom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 22 Feb 2012, 6:48 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your roommate's uncle. My sympathies, for both of you. Please do whatever you need to do in order to feel better and knock out the bad spell.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Sat 25 Feb 2012, 11:13 am

Hi All,

Thanks so much for all of the replies! I really don't know what I would do without y'all.

Fortunately, the headache improved enough on Thursday and Friday and I was finally able to get stuff done. Ultram, benedryl, and rest helped some. I was able to do everything that had to be done. I am just sort of crashing today. The head is still bad, but not as bad as it was earlier. Decadron did help some too.

I am just going to rest today.

pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 25 Feb 2012, 5:01 pm

Glad the migraine pain finally went down - and hope it also went away this time.

Hang in there, Sailing girl!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 03 Mar 2012, 2:03 am

Scone,

I'm hoping that you are feeling better. Please stay safe during this nasty weather.

Take care,
PF
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down