The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My mom passed/I am lost

+5
Cluelesskitty
KimbaK
7777Trinity
30yrsofheadache
kimsmom
9 posters

Go down

My mom passed/I am lost Empty My mom passed/I am lost

Post  kimsmom Sat 27 Jul 2013, 4:11 pm

Hello everyone,

I have had a busy past few years with my girls graduating from high school and the last one going into her senior year. She is a varsity cheerleader which keeps me busy. I try to take pictures for the squads every year. I crop them and make sure each girl has a few good ones of themselves.

I had been taking care of my mother half of the year while the other half my brother and his family has had my mother. Sadly my mother passed away at the end of May. I am devastated! My mother and I were very close. She was almost blind and mostly deaf and light on her feet but we had a good time anyway. I am lost. I try to keep myself busy at all times. I am very thankful she lived to be 87 years old.

My headaches/migraines continue to haunt me. I have chronic daily headaches. I was hoping as I got older the pain would ease up or at least come less often. No dice. I also have a type of arthritis that gives me pain all day long.

Hope everyone is doing as well as they can and I would love to hear how you all are doing. It has been a long time.

all my best to you all and pain free days.

kimsmom

kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

My mom passed/I am lost Empty Re: My mom passed/I am lost

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 28 Jul 2013, 5:15 am

So sorry to hear about your Mom! It must be even harder when you have been her caretaker:cry: . It is good to hear from you again. Sounds like your girls are doing well. I know what you mean about hoping the migraines will get better as you get older.

Its about the only thing that keeps me going. I have the all over body pain that makes each day a challenge (mine is from Lyme), too. What can we do but take each day as it comes and try to wring as much joy as we can from it?
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Sun 28 Jul 2013, 6:53 am

I know you miss your mom. When my mother passed in 1986 I felt so lost, she was my best friend. I can't count the number of times I would wish I could just tell her I loved her again or call her on the phone.

I can tell you it will get easier, but I won't lie, that sense of loss never goes away. I know that eventually, I was able to start thinking about how my mom would want me to continue on, to be emotionally available to my husband and children. I guess that was a turning point for me. I still catch myself thinking about how much she would enjoy something I am doing, like the vegetable garden I have etc. I am hoping (never knew) that she had accepted Christ so that when I pass I can see her again.

I wish there was a cure for migraine, maybe there is and the drug companies have paid someone off for the cure to keep us using all the crap that doesn't work. I am hoping you have better days ahead. Smile
Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Sun 28 Jul 2013, 8:19 am

Thank you both for your responses. I totally agree with you both. I constantly think I should call my mom and tell her something that I know she would like to hear ie the garden, what the kids did, an accomplishment I had etc... Our moms love us totally and have joy in our joys. My girls are a bit too young to totally be there for me. They are embarking on another phase of their lives and I get that. I feel my mom around me all the time. She is with me I know it. And your moms are with you both too.

I also am in total pain. Body aches and head pain. I am very depressed by this. I feel I will never get better. I also agree about the drug companies. They should all take our pain for a month and then re-group. I would like to hear what they have to say. I have decided that the only way I will feel better is to lose weight. This is not easy and I need determination. I pray I can do it.

It is good to be back and "talk" with you all again. I have found I missed it. I do not have a facebook page but maybe I should get one if all of you are on one and it is easier to communicate. Maybe I will send out a post on that one.

Again, thank you for your encouragement. It means a lot to me!

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

My mom passed/I am lost Empty Sympathy and hugs

Post  KimbaK Sun 28 Jul 2013, 7:17 pm

I'm so sorry about your mom. My parents and I are super close and I can't imagine not seeing them every day. I'm sorry, I'm migraining and I can't think of any words.
Hugs,
Kim

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 29 Jul 2013, 4:00 pm

I am so terribly sorry, Kim, that you have lost your beloved mom.
You do  sound like you guys were both incredibly close and had lots of great time together,
just like a loving mother and her daughter should have.

Now what a   loving  memory you'll have to always fall back on, dear Kim.

As deeply saddened  I am to learn your sweet Mother has passed away,  I am comforted knowing she died being surrounded with love.
There are no words to express my sorrow for your loss dear Kim.

Gentle, warm hugs

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 30 Jul 2013, 4:45 pm

I'm so sorry for your loss. Hugs!!!!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Wed 31 Jul 2013, 11:24 am

Kim, Risa and Milo,

Thank you for your kind words. I have also learned that I am lucky to have "loved and lost than to never to have loved at all" as they say. I have wonderful memories and I feel my mothers presence all the time. I keep moving forward and keeping busy. It is helping but the loss is one that will be felt forever.

Hugs to all of you too!

Thank you again,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 03 Aug 2013, 11:49 pm

Ah....Kimsmom,

I'm very sorry being late post, but I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. It can be a very, very rough time. When I lost my mom 8 years ago (seems such a long time) it truly was one day at a time.

But I've totally arrived at peace with her passing. I no longer get said about her loss. It's very strange. For a few years I didn't feel anything--although my mom and me were extremely close.

All of it takes time. Sorry for your loss. Take things as they come.

Best wishes,
PF.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sun 04 Aug 2013, 2:30 am

I had a nice post written, and the internet ate it, I'm so sorry, but I'm only up to writing a quick sympathy note now. Hugs!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Mon 05 Aug 2013, 7:47 am

Kimsmom,
I love you  I'm so very sorry over the loss over your mom. My heart is aching for you..

Also, it's so terrible when you are enduring so much physical pain..sending you a big hug and a lot of love!

I love you I love you Greeneyes

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:25 am

Thank you all again for your thoughts and prayers and love on the passing of my mother. I have joined a grief counseling group that meets twice a month. Tonight in fact! It has helped me and I feel I have helped others as well. I also enjoy the people.

I am taking one day at a time and feel the pain I feel is because I loved and was loved back by my mother.

Thank you again my friends,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

My mom passed/I am lost Empty ((((((((HUGS))))))))))))

Post  KimbaK Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:43 am

I'm glad you found some support. It does make a difference when you know that you are not alone. I used to facilitate a grief support groups 2-3 a year when I worked for a hospice. It helped so many people get through their grief.

If there is anything I can do to help, I'm here.

K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  kimsmom Thu 17 Oct 2013, 9:35 am

Thanks K! working for Hospice had to have been very rough. Rewarding and emotional too. I commend you for working there.

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down