The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update and bad M

3 posters

Go down

Update and bad M Empty Update and bad M

Post  sconesail Tue 16 Dec 2014, 6:23 pm

Hi All,

I haven't posted for a bit and thought I'd write and give you an update.

There have been a lot of changes in my life over the last few weeks. My room mate moved out- which is actually a good thing. She is a wonderful person, however she has Asperger's and severe depression. She has been obsessed with her boyfriend, whom she has never met in person, and weddings. Unfortunately, this obsession took over her life. It got to the point where I realized that I couldn't do it anymore- that she wasn't able to help me or herself. She did most of the driving and was supposed to help when needed. She is moving back in with her mother. I hate the fact that it came to this, but I think it was right for both of us.

There is a silver lining. For the first time in a long time, I'm able to live independently which is amazing. It wouldn't be possible to do this if I didn't have Dora, a supportive family, and friends. I know I'll get a new room mate eventually, but I'm just going to give it some time. For now though, I'm ok. I'm fortunate to live in an area where I can walk to things fairly easily, and have great friends and neighbors, which is very helpful.

I'm dealing with a rather bad migraine right now. I do have injectable toradol and Phenergan-which helps tremendously, but I can't use it more than a few times a week. Right now, benerdryl, klonopin, and nucynta (immediate release, am on long acting daily.) That has helped a lot. The fainting is about the same. Dora is still the best at alerting to both things. If it doesn't get better, I may ask my neuro about doing a steroid pack- sometimes that knocks it down. I'm also trying to avoid an IV of Depakan. I'm sure that adjusting to changes is probably why this one is kicking up again.

I just thought I'd give an update- would love to hear any advice or comments.

Pain free days
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Update and bad M Empty Re: Update and bad M

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 16 Dec 2014, 8:18 pm

SS

Glad to hear you are doing well with Dora. Sorry to hear your roommate is not coping too well. Aspbergers can be quite difficult.

It sounds like you are in a good place mentally. I hope you do well adjusting to being on your own. Take care of yourself!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 20 Dec 2014, 4:49 am

Sailing,

I'm sorry you've had such a rough time. I hoping better times ahead!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down