The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine cause a weight gain???....

+3
Greeneyes
angelapet
Cluelesskitty
7 posters

Go down

Migraine cause a weight gain???.... Empty Migraine cause a weight gain???....

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 06 May 2011, 7:45 pm

hmmm....

I just discovered that after sitting in front of TV for a day or two doing nothing due to pain,
I've got a bit flab around the waist, grrrrrrrr

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Migraine cause a weight gain???.... Empty Weight Gain

Post  angelapet Sat 07 May 2011, 7:51 am

Yes I agree with you Risa !

I have some extra fat around my waist & hips.
Sitting or sleeping many hours due to pain
quickly puts the pounds on Sad

angelapet
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Migraine cause a weight gain???.... Empty Re: Migraine cause a weight gain???....

Post  Greeneyes Thu 12 May 2011, 2:49 pm

I've added around 20-25 pounds since the migraines have been severe..some due to medications..and mostly due to not feeling well..and just lying around. I'm with you girl..double Grrrr I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Migraine cause a weight gain???.... Empty Re: Migraine cause a weight gain???....

Post  Angela Thu 12 May 2011, 3:52 pm

Oh sure. I'm scared to eat anything for fear it will trigger something. The other times I'm too damn sick to eat anything.

But some meds toss on weight, and some meds make you damn near anorexic.

Stupid generalizations. Walk a mile in my shoes.
Angela
Angela
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Thu 12 May 2011, 8:24 pm

So true..Angela.

I've gone both ways..vommit like crazy..or afraid to eat something..eventhough I'm hungry...Grrr

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat 21 May 2011, 4:22 pm

Unfortunately I have added about 25 lbs from the migraines. Too much time spent in bed and exercising and sports seem to bring in more headaches.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 21 May 2011, 4:44 pm

Oh gosh I just weighted myself. I am heaviest since last summer at 68kg! - over 149 lbs!! at 5'3 grrr
most of it on my belly so I feel like am carrying spare tire or something :[

Gotta cut these sweets at least, and here I will soon have company over and we will be celebrating
one of our friends surprise b-day today
- with a cake, of course :/
Ok diet starts tomorrow!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Mon 30 May 2011, 7:20 pm

I gained over 100lbs from not being able to do much of anything at all! It wasn't so much the sitting around, or laying around, but I have found that many meds don't necessarily make you gain weight, but make it really hard to lose any! I don't have any solution to this. I have lost the 100lbs, but I eat way smaller portions, and we don't keep many snacks in the house.

Before I had the baby I got a little part time job and that really helped too. Not so much with exercising, although I did a lot more walking, but just being around people and having interaction. I had to plan my days carefully to be able to go to work the the 2-3 days a week for just 4 hours a shift, but it helped me so much.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  internetimm40004 Mon 11 Jul 2011, 2:30 pm

Vitamin B6, also known as pyrodixine, is an essential nutrient in creating red blood cells and increasing metabolism for weight loss. Your body requires vitamin B6 to help release energy from the foods you eat. Vitamin B6 in high doses, however, can trigger migraines because it produces serotonin. Serotonin may increase your sensitivity to pain and lead to more intense headaches.

internetimm40004
new
new

http://www.deltamedicalbilling.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:27 pm

Great to know! Thanks :]

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down