The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!...

2 posters

Go down

Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!... Empty Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!...

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 24 May 2011, 10:43 pm

holy... what a story:

A man who went to the doctor complaining of a headache was shocked to discover he'd had a 4in knife blade stuck in his brain for more than four years.

Li Fu from Yunnan Province, China, was stabbed during a robbery in 2006, and the blade of the knife had lodged in his cranium.

But despite receiving treatment for his injuries, doctors failed to notice the knife buried deep in the 37-year-old's skull.
Incredibly, it wasn't until Li visited the doctor last month to complain of his continuous migraines that doctors finally made the grim discovery after a routine X-ray.

Li and his family were so shocked by the X-ray results, they asked for a second opinion before agreeing to let doctors operate.
The second doctor confirmed the suspicions and Li underwent an operation to remove the knife at People's Hospital in Yuxi City, Yunnan Province on Saturday.

He is now in a stable condition in hospital.
Luo Zhiwei, a surgeon at People's Hospital of Yuxi said he had never seen anything so bizarre in his entire career.

He said it was a miracle that Li could survive being stabbed in the head, let alone survive having the knife lodged in his brain for four years.

He said: 'It's a medical miracle. The knife was almost intact when we removed it.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1357508/Man-knife-buried-face-years-Ive-got-stabbing-pains.html#ixzz1NKu1AskF

I wonder, how is that even possible?!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!... Empty Re: Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!...

Post  alli Wed 25 May 2011, 10:20 am

The body is amazing in it's ability to isolate and encapsulate foreign objects. This guy is extremely lucky.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!... Empty Re: Now, that's secondary cause of migraine!...

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 25 May 2011, 2:59 pm

You are absolutely right Alli,
I am just flabbergasted that a thing like that could have been missed by the medical staff!
I gather then, nobody bothered with any scan, MRI or at least an Xray 4 years ago ??? ???

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu 26 May 2011, 10:35 am

I'm not surprised. I've never had an MRI. I had one doctor tell me that if I had a brain tumor, I'd already be dead. Kaiser... need I say more? Now I can't afford one but when the day comes that I have insurance, it's at the top of my list.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down