The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How is everybody doing today?...

5 posters

Go down

How is everybody doing today?... Empty How is everybody doing today?...

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 09 Jul 2011, 3:07 pm

How is your M today?

I hope you guys are enjoying nice weekend...

{{{{{ Hugs to all! }}}}}

study How is everybody doing today?... Boombo10 How is everybody doing today?... Carefu10 How is everybody doing today?... Butter11 How is everybody doing today?... Fishin10 How is everybody doing today?... Dogpee10
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

How is everybody doing today?... Empty Hurting but I have an amazing daughter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post  KimbaK Sat 09 Jul 2011, 6:08 pm

I woke up with a headache at 6 am which has morphed into a migraine. I hate summer!! I seem to ramp up the cycle during the hottest parts of the year. I am medicated and hoping to break this one without an ER visit.

My daughter has to go to her dad's for the month of July and she hates it. I hate it. I can't wait until August!!! I actually have her for this weekend so I'm fighting to be okay until she has to leave tomorrow. I won't see her again until the 18th or so and I don't want to be in bed while she's home. Poor kid, she actually wrote a letter to the SS department to include with my disability app. She said, "my mom hurts all the time and has to stay in bed. Sometimes when I stay in the room with her I have to be real quiet."

I am about to burst with pride and my heart breaks to see how much my migraines have affected her. My amazing little girl also told me "If it would help your headaches, I would stay at my dad's forever." This same little angel tells me all the time that she can't wait until she doesn't have to go see him anymore.

Hope everyone else is feeling some relief from the migraine monster. He seems to have taken up permanent residence in my right eye.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

How is everybody doing today?... Empty Re: How is everybody doing today?...

Post  Paradox Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

Kimba, I've noticed that the kids who grow up having to deal with chronic illness in the family end up being amazing adults. Full of love and compassion. Even my mildly autistic, mentally handicapped son who is 22, will quietly say " you hurtin'?" and when I say yes, he will come in and gently rub my head or softly play with with my hair because he knows it relaxes me. Compassion and sympathy are not something autistic people are known for, but he learned it from his Dad and brother.

My eldest son ended up being a special education teacher.

So try not to feel guilty. It sounds like you have one wonderful little girl.

Risa...head is great, back is in the crapper. Suspect
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 10 Jul 2011, 4:53 am

This is usually a good time of month for me. So, last night I woke up at 3:45 to crazy animal screams outside my house. Ever simce his run in with the neighborhood fox, we have been keeping him in at night. Last night it was a raccoon, right in our front yard. They were having a face-off on the retaining wall! I ran out in my bathrobe screaming and brandishing a broom and scared it away. Cat fine, head not so great....

Risa, How is your head? I hope you are doing better than you were!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Mon 11 Jul 2011, 12:14 pm

I'm doing pretty good. Little migraines every day or so but low grade ones so it isn't too bad. My body though, it is having all sorts of nerve fun with the heat. It used to be that the summer was one of the best times of year for me, fewer migraines and stable weather. But as the nerve issues have gotten worse my tolerance for heat has gone down the tubes. Sad

Re: Kids.... I agree. Kids that grow up with a family member that has serious physical issues grow up to be awesome people. They are much more compassionate and caring. Both my kids had to deal with long periods of time where I was practically bed ridden from migraines and fibro and as a result they understand hidden illness and are much nicer than a lot of kids I've met. They don't have that attitude of the world owing them. They realize that life is not fair and a good life means being able to roll with the challenges that life hands you instead of moaning and complaining about what they don't have.

A hidden gem in the misery of a migraine life. I wish they didn't have to grow up with a migraine mother but I am so proud of how they turned out.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 11 Jul 2011, 3:37 pm

Cindy, thanks for asking. Yesterday I must have had some kind of body breakdown after two days of going out with friend
because I was so exhausted, I spent the entire day in bed, napping and reading.
No M, mercifully, however maybe (even surely)
from all that resting and napping it hit me at around 6-7 am today, again mercifully it wasn't that bad
and went down with the help of my regular meds around 2 pm - whew.

On the whole it wasn't the worst weekend in my life, not my best but can't complain either, thanks :]

And I agree with you guys about the children who grow up with a sick family member - these children are by far more
compassionate and mature and helpful than those who are only being taken care of, ever!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 13 Jul 2011, 4:50 am

Risa,
That sounds rough!I hope you are feeling better today. My head has been messing with me the last few days. It has been well over 90 degrees each day. yesterday was 100 plus. Last night I tossed and turned because I had a nagging feeling in my head and neck. I should have gotten up and taken Amerge, but I didnt.

So now, my head is trying to get to real migraine stage. This is usually my good time of month, so it may just fade away.Unless it storms today. Its a miracle we get anything done. We have had people see the house twice in the past 4 days. Both times less than 1/2 hour notice. They are supposed to give 2 hours notice.Then we had to walk the dogs in this hot weather. Poor babies have heavy coats. Today will be a quiet day (unless someone calls).
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down