The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

POTS Article in NY Times

4 posters

Go down

POTS Article in NY Times Empty POTS Article in NY Times

Post  Anna's Mom Tue 18 Oct 2011, 5:10 pm

Anna's Mom
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

POTS Article in NY Times Empty Re: POTS Article in NY Times

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 18 Oct 2011, 10:22 pm

hmmm, interestign article.

some of my cardiologists think i may have had POTS, but changes in my heart's electrical system cut down how high beats will go. the pacemaker controls a lot.

one thing about using meds to constrict flow to the outer vessels--that can have a problem with return as well. the heart's not able to pump enough oxygenated blood back to the brain.

pacing has come a long way in helping with POTS--it's finding a cardiologist that knows what they are doing. sometimes it is burried in the rhythm that most EP's might consider as normal. but for the person that's getting sick, the rhythm isn't normal for them.

Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Wed 19 Oct 2011, 5:56 am

Hi ,

Thanks so much for the link.

It is a very interesting article. I have been diagnosed with POTS/ Neurocardiogenic syncope. It has been hard to find a good doctor who knows how to deal with this. I hope that the Cleveland Clinic will be able to help some.

I have always wondered if a pacemaker would help, but no one really wants to do that yet.

Pain free days,
sailingm

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 20 Oct 2011, 4:52 am

Very nice article. My older daughter has a friend who missed half of her Senior year of HS due to POTS. She has since mostly recovered and will graduate from college next year. Zoe has a mild case of POTS and I believe Meagan has a mild connective tissue disorder. Meagan plans on pursuing a diagnosis after her new insurance kicks in.

Cheryl, how are you doing now. Are all you issues resolved? I read about Anna on the Carepage. How disappointing that must have been for her!
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down