The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak..

+5
Porsche Fan
milo
Jewishmother
Sara79
Greeneyes
9 posters

Go down

Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak.. Empty Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak..

Post  Greeneyes Fri 16 Dec 2011, 3:42 am

I'm so darn tired of having my body fall apart..I was seriously praying for God to take me home..I feel so darn sick..been to the ER three times this week due to the same migraine..my neurologist wanted to give me a medication that didn't work in a higher strength and my lovely PCP told me to do deep breathing..

Not a bit fan of Kaiser at the moment. Feeling too sick to fight... No

HOpe you guys are all well. I love my migraine angels santa I love you

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak.. Empty Re: Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak..

Post  Sara79 Fri 16 Dec 2011, 11:50 am

I sympathize with your feeling, but I hope they can knock out this bugger of a migraine, and you can stay on here with us, in better times, for awhile longer.

I never seem to have a ton of medication or drug advice, but one of hubby's bad episodes, the doc actually gave him oxygen, which can be a cluster headache treatment. It, tordol and phenergrin injections knocked out that series. Maybe you can ask about oxygen. Compared to many of the treatments we ask for it's easy, and has no major side effects. I hope they find something that works for you.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak.. Empty Re: Bad cold, sinus pain, chills, severe migraine..feeling weak..

Post  Greeneyes Fri 16 Dec 2011, 12:20 pm

Back to see the doctor later today..either he will treat me or send me back to the ER...grr.

Sara, I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Grandfather..thinking of you..praying, for you as well!

Love,
greeneyes

Greeneyes
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Fri 16 Dec 2011, 4:16 pm

I just got back from my doc............been a bad migraine week with a higher level of pain than what I usually deal with. This morning woke up with what I was sure was a sinus infection. My doc thinks that this sinus infection has been brewing for awhile and he has always thought that my sinus infections (which I get fairly frequently) make my migraines worse. Do you think that the sinus pain is making your migraine pain worse.

So sorry that Kaiser docs are not paying attention............keeping you in my thoughts as I lay here on the couch crocheting away.........

Jewishmother
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 16 Dec 2011, 7:56 pm

I'm sending you positive vibes and hoping they help break your cycle. I love you I love you I love you
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 17 Dec 2011, 1:57 am

any chance of someone putting you on an anti-biotic to at least knock out the sinus infection?

i''m on Z pack for 10 days in a row, plus bactroban+saline mist (sorry, but you shoot this up your nose).

usually this can help. run this by your doc, at least an anti-biotics that can help with sinus stuff.

easy way to check if there's anything that comes out with coughing or just comes out (solid chunks that are yellowish/brown) and when you clean your ears if there's a darky waxy look to it.

good luck!

it's a very cheap illness (sinus infections) to fight, but can be tricky.

good luck!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 17 Dec 2011, 6:18 am

Lots of hugs Wendy my poor friend, I am so sorry nobody is taking better care of you, grrr.
Wish I could be a Good Mother fairy, wave a magic wand and take all your pains away!

All of your guys actually!

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat 17 Dec 2011, 7:35 am

[quote="Jewishmother"]I just got back from my doc............been a bad migraine week with a higher level of pain than what I usually deal with. This morning woke up with what I was sure was a sinus infection. My doc thinks that this sinus infection has been brewing for awhile and he has always thought that my sinus infections (which I get fairly frequently) make my migraines worse. Do you think that the sinus pain is making your migraine pain worse.

......I'm going through the thing here, and I definitely think the sinus infections make the migraines worse. I think the inflamed sinuses just add to everything else that is inflamed inside one's head with a migraine. I just finished an antibiotic about 2 weeks ago which seemed to resolve it for a few days, but it's back full force. The cough, though, is what's really aggravating the migraines. Ugh!

Hope you're feeling better, Wendy. Sounds like they need to take more time to take a closer look and treat your sinuses as well as the migraine. It's so difficult not being able to find anything to get a handle on the pain. Hang in there dear, Wendy.
tecky
tecky
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 17 Dec 2011, 7:35 pm

Jewishmother wrote:I just got back from my doc............been a bad migraine week with a higher level of pain than what I usually deal with. This morning woke up with what I was sure was a sinus infection. My doc thinks that this sinus infection has been brewing for awhile and he has always thought that my sinus infections (which I get fairly frequently) make my migraines worse. Do you think that the sinus pain is making your migraine pain worse.

So sorry that Kaiser docs are not paying attention............keeping you in my thoughts as I lay here on the couch crocheting away.........

Oh, you too, poor thing??? sorry for missing that yesterday!

And to reply to your question - oh definitely, ditto, yes!!
Sinus infection alone may cause such severe headache that it can be easily mistook for migraine,
let alone worsen our true ones.
I would definitely run and ask for a course of antibiotics!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Ruth Sat 17 Dec 2011, 10:44 pm

Wendy, I so sympathise with you and hope you are starting to feel better. There's nothing worse than being so sick this time of year when it's suppposed to be such a happy time.

I have been sooo ill myself for two weeks. It started off with a bad cold, then I went to a walk in clinic as my doc. was away, my throat hurt so bad to cough. He put me on an antibiotic which made me feel like I was being poisoned, I had a horrid metallic taste and felt sick, I eventually threw them in the garbage, I don't think I needed them anyway. I am having to force myself to eat, I can't even drink tea or coffee which I love, it makes me want to puke. I usually love my food but it makes me shudder just thinking about it now.

Get well soon Wendy, and hope you can have a Merry Christmas. Smile
{{{{{Lots of gentle hugs}}}}}

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 19 Dec 2011, 5:11 am

My goodness, there are a lot of sickies here! I hope you all feel better soon and are able to enjoy your holiday.
Hugs,
Cindy I love you

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:31 pm

I TOTALLY have one too right now!!! Weird thing is....it seems to have cleared out my migraine for the first day in many, many months! So right now I'm sneezing and snorting and making all kinds of fabulous noises but actually have no migraine. SOOOOO ODD! cyclops
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 20 Dec 2011, 2:14 am

how are you doing greeneyes?

i have a few days left of zpack. am feeling better, but the crazy weather fluctuations drive the sinuses nuts!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down