The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

weather and severe Migraine- vent

2 posters

Go down

weather and severe Migraine- vent Empty weather and severe Migraine- vent

Post  sconesail Sat 03 Mar 2012, 9:04 am

Hi All,

I am not completely sure that the crazy weather throughout the Southeast is the cause of this particular migraine, but I think it is certainly contributing to it. Weather never really bothered my head until the stimulator was implanted in 2004. Now, it seems to.

Anyway, the migraine is horrible right now. The meds are not working very well. T3, klonopin, benedryl, and Ultram seem to take the edge off, but that is all. I don't know what to do anymore. Taking the edge off is ok, but there has to be something more effective than what we are doing.

I am just so tired of all of this. No one really knows what to go about the fainting or the headache. I sent a certified letter to Cleveland last week regarding treatment. We are giving them a few days, but if I do not hear from them on Tuesday, I will call again just to see what is going on. Right now, the main problem is the fact that no one seems to know what to do. Right now, it is hard to treat the migraines with anything else due to the fact that it will simply lead to the fainting people blaming the medication-and I just can't go through that fight again. In some ways, I would love to treat the migraines a little more aggressively, but it doesn't seem to work in the long run. Also, with the fainting and the headaches- no one wants to treat that either. So I really feel stuck. I don't know what to do. I am dooing my best to deal with this and to live with it, but it is just very hard to do right now.

I am frustrated by all of this and very tired. i am at a loss at the moment. I guess the only thing to do is treat the migraine with what I have on hand, rest, and see if we can do an iV of Depakan soon. As for the fainting, I don't know what to do. I am hoping and praying that I will be able to get a service dog during the next round of matching and I hope to have them in the summer or fall at the latest.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

weather and severe Migraine- vent Empty Re: weather and severe Migraine- vent

Post  Porsche Fan Sat 03 Mar 2012, 11:32 pm

scone,

i understand how you feel--and sorry that you're going through this. we had a bunch of goofy weather with wild barometric swings. it triggered a migraine last night, and i had another migraine this evening with aura--which is very uncommon for me.

regarding migraine and syncope, you have to separate the two. they come from separate etiologies. the meds may have some small interlap, but that's it. treat the migraines, and treat the syncope. you don't have a diagnosis yet, so right now what anyone does is to treat the symptoms.

cleveland has rendered their opinion--so they are done. you have to keep fighting and get another set of docs. please don't give up.

take care,

PF
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  sconesail Sun 04 Mar 2012, 11:22 am

Hi All,

Porshe Fan- thanks for all of the advice. I think you are right- I just wish anyone would consider treating both problems. If nothing else, it is clear that the worse the migraine is, the worse the fainting is. I know they are different things, but everyone- from my local neuro to the folks at CC refuses to consider this possibility. No one knows whether the problem is neurological or cardiac.

I wrote the letter to CC for several reasons- 1. they need to change some information on my medical records there. (the cardiologist stated that i was "Negative for frequent or severe headaches." The second reason was the simple fact that when I tried to get in touch with one dr there, his nurse said "There is nothing we can do. Please do not call us back." I felt it was unacceptable and so did my parents. I understand that they cannot or will not help, but I do want the records and reports that were done there. If nothing else, I have to figure out where to go from here. Basically, the letter requested all records and asked if the doctor knew of anyone else who would be able to help. My father was not at all impressed with Cleveland and insisted that we write a stern letter asking about this.

I have heard about a new neuro at the University hospital here who treats headaches and I may try to get in with him- just for another opinion.

I guess I am just frustrated with the whole situation and I wish I knew of anything else I could to to fix it or help it.

Pain free days,
sailingm

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down