The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good article on new migraine treatment

5 posters

Go down

Good article on new migraine treatment Empty Good article on new migraine treatment

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 20 Sep 2012, 5:01 am

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Good article on new migraine treatment Empty Re: Good article on new migraine treatment

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 20 Sep 2012, 8:37 pm

I keep reading studies on the work this group in Austrailia is doing. Bless them, bless them, bless them!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Good article on new migraine treatment Empty Re: Good article on new migraine treatment

Post  777Trinity Fri 21 Sep 2012, 7:58 pm

Wow...vitamin B and Folic Acid..
So they feel migraines are a genetic defect in 3 particular genes, of which they are studying one. Low Enzymes cause 30% of migraine.

Really interesting and low Vit B and folic acid might coincide with the poor eating habits in society...

I just read tonight that Canada has just completed a study on GMO corn and that it causes early death, organ damage and increases cancer. Then in the U.S. that Rice has a large amount of arsnec in it.... scary stuff really.
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 23 Sep 2012, 12:13 am

one thing about folic acid...your doc can run a blood test. if you are you you can be put on a supplement--which folic acid is believed to cut down on vascular inflammation. i take 1mg/day and it has reduced a possible effect on lowering endothelial dysfuction/inflammation.

777, with how helpful an ACE has been with your migraines, i wonder if this may help. ACE's don't do a whole lot except treat bp and vascular conditions. just a hunch but i'm thinking this is the source of your M's.

vascular meds typically don't help migraineurs that do not have vascular problems--when a vascular med does help, it does signal that the vasc. system is grumpy.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  777Trinity Tue 25 Sep 2012, 5:00 pm

Porsche Fan wrote:one thing about folic acid...your doc can run a blood test. if you are you you can be put on a supplement--which folic acid is believed to cut down on vascular inflammation. i take 1mg/day and it has reduced a possible effect on lowering endothelial dysfuction/inflammation.

777, with how helpful an ACE has been with your migraines, i wonder if this may help. ACE's don't do a whole lot except treat bp and vascular conditions. just a hunch but i'm thinking this is the source of your M's.

vascular meds typically don't help migraineurs that do not have vascular problems--when a vascular med does help, it does signal that the vasc. system is grumpy.

PF
If my vascular system is grumpy, then it matches the rest of me lately Smile Monster migraine today...however, they have been easier to abort...except today. This bear won't budge!
777Trinity
777Trinity
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 25 Sep 2012, 9:25 pm

I've been taking B12 for the last couple weeks and its been lousy. I am discontinuing to see if the head improves.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 26 Sep 2012, 5:14 am

I cant take B12 either because ogf increased migraines. Its the same with Vit. D. I really cant figure out why. Hope it helps to come off it.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 26 Sep 2012, 4:14 pm

My dr said lately to me that some newest studies shown that taking high doses of Vit B2 - like, 300 mg daily is supposed to really help with M.
But I am not sure...
http://treato.com/Vitamin+B-2,Migraines/?a=s&p=5

I also noticed sometimes taking all this Vit B whatever the number I have rather more HA instead of less. Go figure ..

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Wed 26 Sep 2012, 10:30 pm

Yes my nuero had me take 300 mg of B2 at one point. I stayed on it for at least a year. No effect one way or the other.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down