The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine

4 posters

Go down

Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine Empty Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine

Post  familydr95 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 3:11 am

I hurt that there is a significant effect on treating with Vitamin D in addition to classic migraine drug by some people. But Do you have experience such effect with Vitamin D.
familydr95
familydr95
One star
One star

http://protectyourhealthtips.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine Empty Re: Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 13 Apr 2013, 4:17 am

I have the opposite effect. Any form of Vitamin D supplement I try gives me a difficult to treat migraine within an hour. Even the most pure (and very expensive)ones. This happens with some other vitamins like B-12 also for me. My Vitamin D is very low (12) and my Dr. is insistent on me getting it up.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine Empty Re: Does Vitamin D helps in prevention of Migraine

Post  7777Trinity Sat 13 Apr 2013, 6:44 am

I take 3000 IU of vitamin D daily, it does not cause any migraine in me, but it doesn't prevent them either.

If you can take the D it does help with low energy quite a bit and any seasonal affective disorder like depression during winter months.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  familydr95 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:28 pm

30yrsofheadache wrote:I have the opposite effect. Any form of Vitamin D supplement I try gives me a difficult to treat migraine within an hour. Even the most pure (and very expensive)ones. This happens with some other vitamins like B-12 also for me. My Vitamin D is very low (12) and my Dr. is insistent on me getting it up.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache, thank you for your reply. Some times drug can cause opposite effect too. As an example when I get vitamin C my gum bleeding get aggrevate but the opposite should happen. Surprised However in here it does not cause any problem as it is not the main treatment..
However we will wait for others reply too.. farao
familydr95
familydr95
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  familydr95 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:30 pm

7777Trinity, your reply also helps the 20yearsofheadache reply however I want more evidance for that
familydr95
familydr95
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 15 Apr 2013, 4:03 am

I take 5000 mg of vitamin D along with 400 mg of magnesium and natural progesterone. This lowered my migraine frequency from 80% to 20%.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  familydr95 Mon 15 Apr 2013, 9:05 pm

Migrainegirl wrote:I take 5000 mg of vitamin D along with 400 mg of magnesium and natural progesterone. This lowered my migraine frequency from 80% to 20%.

Hey somewhat different idea from Migranegirl...! thank you. I want more ideas from you to have a idea cheers
familydr95
familydr95
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down