The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery Scheduled!

5 posters

Go down

Surgery Scheduled! Empty Surgery Scheduled!

Post  7777Trinity Thu 05 Jun 2014, 12:27 pm

Hey Everyone!

Finally, the Migraine Nerve Decompression Surgery is schedule for June17th! We are flying out to Boston on the 11th, as the 12th is a full day of pre-op, then depending on results, other testing etc.

I am so excited and happy. I first wrote to Dr. Austen in October 2013. Got my evaluation appointment in January 2014 and now finally a surgery date Smile

It would still make me upset that Anthem BC/BS denied coverage and three appeals, except for one thing; enough money was raised to pay for the surgery, anesthesia, surgeon, hotel, travel and food. We will not have any medical debt! My post op appointment is June 26th in the morning, so we will be flying back home that afternoon; after 2 1/2 weeks in Boston I will be so ready to get home.

So, the 90 day recovery plan is that those first 90 days are harsh, but the second 90 days things are supposed to improve dramatically. So I have set dates, September 17th will be the first 90 days and December 17th the second 90 days. I am thinking Christmas will be great this year Smile

Thanks again to everyone who donated, we got checks and cash in the mail at the church and at the bank. Now if this stabbing pain in my left ear would stop....oh yeah, that's one of the nerves that is getting dropped kicked to the curb on the 17th Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Surgery Scheduled! Empty Re: Surgery Scheduled!

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 05 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm

Trinity I so hope this works out great for you! Please keep us posted.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  tortoisegirl Fri 06 Jun 2014, 5:57 am

Congrats on getting it scheduled and funded! I too hope it goes really well for you. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 08 Jun 2014, 4:23 pm

I'm so happy to hear the funds have been raised and that you can move forward. I can't wait to hear about your journey.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Surgery Scheduled! Empty Update

Post  7777Trinity Thu 12 Jun 2014, 7:18 am

Hi Everyone
We are in Boston, I see the surgeon today and pre-op testing starts today and the Migraine Nerve decompression surgery is Tuesday. Platy THANK YOU for the link tot the nerve center Board regarding this surgery! I have learned so much from people who have had this surgery, the majority are wonderful success stories.

One thing I learned quickly is not to expect too much before the 90 day post op mark. Also, identifying all the trigger sites and which nerves those involve.

I went to a new Pain Management doctor a couple of weeks ago and wish I had found him sooner! What a wonderful doctor. His exam among other things consisted of pressing in on all the facial and cranial nerves to find triggers, my whole face and skull were "hot". He says some of these nerves my surgeon can actually excise and remove Smile He changed my pain med to Norco, so much better! I have Zofran for nausea, it too works so much better. Parafon Forte as a muscle relaxer. He said my muscles were so tight they actually cut off the blood supply to the nerves. Anyway, I am glad to have him in place when I get back to KY to take over surgical and nerve healing pain etc.

I also want to say how much all of you mean to me here. I am so blessed to be able to talk with you because we are all going through the same thing. I will post as soon as I am able after surgery and will post a link to post -op pictures too. Smile

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 15 Jun 2014, 7:36 am

Trinity, you will be in my thoughts and prayers on Tuesday. I am carefully watching your recovery and Kim's. I may look into this for myself if you both get good results! Thanks for being my Guinea Pig Smile.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down