The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

3 weeks of heaven

5 posters

Go down

3 weeks of heaven Empty 3 weeks of heaven

Post  lentils Sun 12 Jun 2011, 7:59 am

I had 3 weeks of high energy and no migraines. I took a trip to the East Coast and visited family and friends and had a blast. I pretended that I never heard of the word migraine. Came back home and was doing okay for 3 days, then my husband spilled some xylene in the kitchen. The whole house reeked and I came down with a really bad one and I've had a low level headache ever since. That was over a week ago.
Right now I'm in the process of doubling the topamax from 50 mgs to 100 mgs. I'm currently taking 75 mg. The doctors think that when I get to a 100 I'm going to see a big improvement, I hope so. I wish I could be as optimistic as they are.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

3 weeks of heaven Empty Re: 3 weeks of heaven

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 12 Jun 2011, 2:53 pm

Oh, no, xylene! it's really stinky!

Perhaps some undetectable to our noses particles still hang in the air, and that's what triggers your daily HA.
I am sure upping your Topamax will take care of that.

How about going back to the East Coast :]
seem like the right place for your M. and no xylene stink! :]

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

3 weeks of heaven Empty Re:

Post  lentils Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:08 pm

I wish I could go back to the East Coast. The weather in New Mexico is awful, extremely dry with high fire danger.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 12 Jun 2011, 8:49 pm

So happy you had a migraine vacation. I almost always go m free during mine too! I guess we should take them more often. Wink
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun 12 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

Not sure where in New Mexico you are. I hope the smoke from the Arizona wildfires are not effecting you. I understand many areas are getting a lot of smoke and particulate matter that is very bad for asthmatics and others. Could cause problems for migrainuers as well.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

3 weeks of heaven Empty re:

Post  lentils Mon 13 Jun 2011, 8:34 am

We did have some smoke blowing in from the fires, even though I live in the southwest corner of NM, far from the big Arizona fires.

Why is it that I don't get migraines on vacation? I've thought about this. It might be an adrenalin release. Lack of stress? Lack of boredom? I wish it was available in a pill form. I usually get a big one when I get back, like a "crash".
If I could go on more vacations, say one week out of the month, would I then start getting migraines when the vacations became routine?

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:04 pm

Same here lentils. Usually I do very well on vacation. In my case I wonder if it's because I'm not around the fluorescent lights and computers screens that surround my at work and office situations.

We don't usually go anywhere, but even a week at home and I'll usually be migraine free as long as we don't have any storm fronts.

Oh the smell of that must have been horrible! How long did the odor linger?
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  lentils Tue 14 Jun 2011, 2:58 pm

I didn't smell it after a day. I don't know if I got used to the smell or it disappeared. It triggered a migraine episode and I feel primed for more migraines.

lentils
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down