The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No offence, but I'm not happy to be here.

5 posters

Go down

No offence, but I'm not happy to be here. Empty No offence, but I'm not happy to be here.

Post  02R96 Thu 22 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

After a good six month run where I had only two episodes (one I had to leave work and the other subsided while I was there), I've now had four in a three week period that have knocked me off my feet. Two I missed work over and the others occurred on weekends.

I mistakenly though I finally reached the point where they were diminishing. lol!

The last episodes caused me to use more of my allotted meds so I ran out a week early. Luckily a friend was able to spot me a few pills until I receive my refill tomorrow.

So here I sit, listening to Pink Floyd and wondering if I'll still have a job when I return.

In closing I just want to say Hi to everyone who remembers me from Rhonda's. geek

PS - Charlotte please PM me.

It's my gradual descent into a life I never meant...
02R96
02R96
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

No offence, but I'm not happy to be here. Empty Re: No offence, but I'm not happy to be here.

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 22 Sep 2011, 1:10 pm

Hi Dan, welcome back, you sly fox! Very Happy
You almost gave me a heart attack with your subject title! Laughing I went like What a Face and Suspect when I read that!

I am sorry the episodes seem to be returning. But I hope it's only temporary. maybe something is causing them, like a virus,
or something.
and it is always worth to have your hormones level checked out- yes for men, too. you never know,
but I read once that for men hormones are important, too.

There is little doubt that migraines are closely related to hormonal imbalance in both men and women. Because migraine occurs most often in women and is closely related to menstruation, most of the clinical studies examining migraines and hormones have been conducted in women. Their findings reveal that a deeply disturbed hormone regulation system is closely linked to the frequency and severity of migraines.

http://www.lef.org/protocols/health_concerns/migraine_01.htm

and there is some "naturalistic" view on migraine and hormones, but you never know
http://www.hormonewell.com/menshh_headaches_and_migraines.html

Men, Migraines and Hormones
(scroll down)
http://www.virginiahopkinstestkits.com/hormonetestingquestions.html

and Ronda's old discussion about testosterone:
http://www.migrainepage.com/dcforum/discussion/14709.html

Hope that helps.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

No offence, but I'm not happy to be here. Empty Re: No offence, but I'm not happy to be here.

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 26 Sep 2011, 4:50 am

Hi, Dan, I remember you. Sorry you are back to feeling poorly again. I have had a few times of improvement followed by crashes like that. It is so frustrating after returning to a somewhat more normal life! Since you had a good stretch, there is no reason to think you wont again. What were you doing before the good time. Did you start a new med? Hope you are doing OK.
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 27 Sep 2011, 7:56 pm

I've missed you and am sad to see you back. Sad It's a cruel life we have hey? UGH
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Wed 28 Sep 2011, 11:17 am

Well after 4 day's of up and down pain levels I went to the doctor and got a shot of Toradol. The thumping has stopped but I'm really tired now. I hope this doesn't return. Suspect
02R96
02R96
One star
One star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 28 Sep 2011, 5:24 pm

Oh, me too. sometimes that's all what it takes - break the chain of pain to make it go away for well, if not well good! (hopefully).

No offence, but I'm not happy to be here. Finger10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 01 Oct 2011, 10:05 pm

Hey Dan,

I'm so sorry, I just saw this! I'm a bad bad friend.

I just PMd you.

I had the same reaction Risa did to the tittle. WTF?! Shocked Lol, you got us.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 03 Oct 2011, 4:16 pm

Sneaky devil, eh, Charlotte ? and what a cool avatar he's got! me likey!

How are you doing, Dan?

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down