The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain

3 posters

Go down

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Empty 2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain

Post  KimbaK Tue 02 Oct 2012, 12:26 pm

I had another round of FRTC after 6 of the most miserable pain-filled months. So far the back of my head is sore, but most of the swelling has gone down. I still have 2 good sized lumps where they focused the beam.

I can feel some difference in intensity of pain. I'm still not pain free but I have better results from the medication and am not so paralyzed by pain. I just wish my family would quit asking me if its working every time I get out of bed:( I know they love me and want so badly for it to work for me. I just don't want to have to feel guilty when I say that while the pain is much less intense it is still present. I consider that a major achievement and worth the discomfort. They just want a miracle for me.

Hope everyone else is hanging in ok. I do recommend this treatment as it has worked well for me. I just hope this residual pain in the back of my head subsides. I am a back sleeper and this is hard to get comfortable when lying down.

Kimba

P.S. Still waiting on disability hearing. I knew it took forever, but this is just ridiculous.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Empty Re: 2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 02 Oct 2012, 1:51 pm

Hi Kimba, so nice to see you posting again, and with such a good news to boot!! cheers
Could you explain, though, what exactly is FRTC please? I couldn't find anything on Google, sorry.

I know what you mean about family (and friends) asking "does it work? does it work?" - every time they see you.
We know they mean well, they are just anxious for us to get better but yeah, admittedly, on the other hand it does get annoying
after a while.

I hope the treatment will continue do wonders for you!!! - keeping my fingers crossed

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Finger10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Empty RFTC Explanation

Post  KimbaK Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:21 pm

When I started typing the title I swear I heard Mary Poppins SuperCalifrag... you get the idea. I had to mentally spell out explanation to make sure I didn't miss anything. Very Happy

Anyway, RFTC is Radio Frequency Thermal Coagnlation Rhizotomy. Using electricity to temporarily numb the nerves into not transmitting pain all the time. Or at least that's my best definition for my situation. Minor pain, hopefully long term gain. I do not want to to it permanently yet. This is the 2nd trial run and if it works well for an extended period of time I will probably go back in and do it permanently.

So far so good. My head is sore and by the end of the day I am worn out and head pain tends to flare but its well controlled by the meds. So maybe.... I have hope on the horizon.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Empty Re: 2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain

Post  7777Trinity Tue 02 Oct 2012, 7:42 pm

KimbaK wrote:When I started typing the title I swear I heard Mary Poppins SuperCalifrag... you get the idea. I had to mentally spell out explanation to make sure I didn't miss anything. Very Happy

Anyway, RFTC is Radio Frequency Thermal Coagnlation Rhizotomy. Using electricity to temporarily numb the nerves into not transmitting pain all the time. Or at least that's my best definition for my situation. Minor pain, hopefully long term gain. I do not want to to it permanently yet. This is the 2nd trial run and if it works well for an extended period of time I will probably go back in and do it permanently.

So far so good. My head is sore and by the end of the day I am worn out and head pain tends to flare but its well controlled by the meds. So maybe.... I have hope on the horizon.

Kimbak

I hope this works for you. I had Rhizotomy to the Ganglion Nerve at C-2 on both sides a month apart. It was supposed to turn off the migraine trigger and last at least 1 year. It didn't, the pain was actually worse in my neck and migraine hell continued.

You may have a different trigger area, you didn't mention where the RFTC was applied. Anyway I am hoping you will get the results you need!!

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

2nd round of RFTC: success and residual pain Empty round 2 is not so effectve

Post  KimbaK Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:27 pm

I may have less intensity in the migraine. Bu t I still have thm in varyuing degrees every day. I am stoo medicated to go on tight now.
Be back tomotrrow sometiem with a coherent converstaton i hope. blurry vision is just more than I can handle. confused

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  7777Trinity Mon 08 Oct 2012, 8:57 pm

KimbaK wrote:I may have less intensity in the migraine. Bu t I still have thm in varyuing degrees every day. I am stoo medicated to go on tight now.
Be back tomotrrow sometiem with a coherent converstaton i hope. blurry vision is just more than I can handle. confused

Hang in there and let us know how you are once you are stable.

Trinity
7777Trinity
7777Trinity
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 11 Oct 2012, 4:15 pm

Feel better soon, Kim!! I love you

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down