The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feel like complaining!

5 posters

Go down

Feel like complaining! Empty Feel like complaining!

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 04 Aug 2013, 10:43 am

Why does my head always act up on the nicest days?Its 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky with low humidity (that never happens in VA in August). Ok, I admit to bringing it on myself yesterday. I went for a walk around the Manassas Battlefield with my daughter and her new puppy. It was hot and muggy.

I somehow lost my car key while on the 45 minute walk. I had no water and was very hot and sweaty. My daughter had to take her puppy home, so I had to re-walk the entire battlefield while staring at the ground. Dont ever try that! Luckily, someone had turned it in when I got back from the second loop. Bad night last night.

Thank goodness for the "lollipops". Still off today, so no outside for me. Of course, everyone I know has called to ask me to do something outside:( . At least I have good pain meds, I know a lot of others here are not so lucky. I have the couch and my 2 doggies, so I am good. Hope everyone else is OK today.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Feel like complaining! Empty Re: Feel like complaining!

Post  milo Sun 04 Aug 2013, 11:04 am

I suppose yesterday was a blessing. Try not to let the good parts of the memory get blurred by the bad parts. I'm sorry, it always seems to hit at the worst possible times! I feel your pain, as we just broke the all time record for driest month in recorded history (I live in a very rainy climate). I didn't get to enjoy nearly as much as that dry weather that I would have liked. I felt like a jerk being the only one complaining so I kept it zipped.

I hope it passes so you can enjoy some more great sunshine memories. I'm also so happy your keys got turned in! Yay for people doing the right thing!!!!!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Platypus Mon 05 Aug 2013, 8:19 pm

Don't blame yourself. We miss so much of life. Sunday night is when my Buddhist sangha meets and it's so important to me. Last night I was all ready to go, hadn't done a single social thing all week. WHAM I got smacked w/ a migraine right when it was time to leave. But like you Cindy I'm glad I have pain meds.

-Platy
Platypus
Platypus
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 09 Aug 2013, 3:34 pm

Our migraine life is like that, isn't it, sigh...
Nicest intertwined with the worst.
'Me', too, am experiencing almost daily migs ever since the summer heatwave we are enjoying since July.

But God forbid it should end anytime soon! The heat is so wonderful, I simply refuse to pay attention to the nasty migraines that comes
along with it, gaah.

Hugs
- Cindy, Milo, Platy !

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Feel like complaining! Empty Summer pain

Post  KimbaK Fri 09 Aug 2013, 10:54 pm

I know how you feel. Here it is vacation time, reasonably pleasant weather (when not in the middle of a heat wave), etc... Then BOOM its the big one. Can't make plans in advance, can't always count on the meds to do their job.

I was supposed to go to a water park with a friend and her daughter today. Nope didn't happen.

K

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down