The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your first "official" M diagnosis...

3 posters

Go down

Your first "official" M diagnosis... Empty Your first "official" M diagnosis...

Post  Cluelesskitty Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:07 pm

What I find interesting from talking to people around me or 'online',

~ is how a lot of people have headaches which after careful consideration are turning out to be a classic
examples of either
M with or without aura - except they themselves have no idea of that!

I am the best example of this myself.

I had no idea I have "M" until I came to Canada.
At 25y.o. I started having so severe episodes of head pain that my usual OTC medications that normally
helped to abort the HA sooner or later - failed time after time.

Finally, desperate for pain relief and not understanding what the heck is going on with me,
I went to see my GP (general practitioner)
who for the first time in my life officially diagnosed me with a "migraine headache" and sent to my first neuro.

I was like "lol, what?, a 'migraine'?? what's that, hahaha" and "surely this is not a serious diagnosis,
there must be something more to my HA than a mere 'migraine', they just have to find what it is
and take care of it for good".

Boy, was I clueless back then about what M disease is, what it can do to a person and what's in stock for me - wasn't I???

I don't remember how long it took me to finally accept I "just have Migraine for which is no cure" - it's been close
to 30 years ago,
and once I accepted that I learned everything about M I could.

But before I did understand what M is and accepted my diagnosis,
I went thru denial, of course, dismissed confirmation from a few different doctors and searched for
The Cause and The Cure - as many of us, no doubt.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Your first "official" M diagnosis... Empty Re: Your first "official" M diagnosis...

Post  Migrainegirl Tue 19 Apr 2011, 7:23 pm

I had daily headaches for two years that I thought were caused by the bulging disk in my neck. Not until they turned I saw into more classic migraines, with sensitivity to sound, did I realize they were migraine. And then the nuero explained that the headaches were primary and the neck and shoulder secondary. It took quite a while longer before I believed that, but now I do.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Your first "official" M diagnosis... Empty Re: Your first "official" M diagnosis...

Post  alli Wed 20 Apr 2011, 11:29 am

I was lucky to be dx'd when I was 13 after a several episodes so I have had my whole life to learn about them. The medication merry-go-round started then.

alli
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down