The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Head pain with colds.

4 posters

Go down

Head pain with colds. Empty Head pain with colds.

Post  Ruth Tue 10 May 2011, 8:19 pm

I've had a really bad cold for a week, it's slowly starting to feel a little better but I've had a nasty headache
with it too and was tempted to take a Maxalt a couple of times, but I'm not sure if they would help with this
kind of head pain. Do others get headache with a cold?

Ruth
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Head pain with colds. Empty Re: Head pain with colds.

Post  milo Tue 10 May 2011, 8:59 pm

I get a headache almost all the time when I get a head cold. That totally sucks for anyone with a head cold. I hope yours clears up soon.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 11 May 2011, 10:53 am

I think that the headache I get with a cold is from the pressure of all the 'stuff' in my sinuses, and I know that in my case a triptan won't touch the pain. I will use a pain reliever, typically tylenol, with a cough and cold med that has pseudoephedrine in it.

I now have to sign for and show a driver's licence to get them, but none of the other decongestants will touch the sinus pressure. I've even had my doc write a prescription for the best, IMHO, one so that I can buy enough in one purchase to get DH and I though a month of allergy season. Without the RX I appear to be buying enough that they worry if I'm making meth. No, I just want to breath through the worst of the allergy season, thanks

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 11 May 2011, 11:10 am

You have to sign for it? What do they do with that info? I'd have a real issue with the government keeping track of my OTC purchases. Yikes
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed 11 May 2011, 2:28 pm

W have to present our drivers license and have it scanned in our state too. Not for all OTC, just things like "the good" Nyquil, And anything with pseudo ephedrine in it.

We don't use very much of it, so it's not much skin off my nose, just more of a pain in the butt. But, supposedly, it keeps the meth heads from buying a case of "the good" allergy meds at a time. And I'm sure the meth heads have come up with other avenues for it so it is only irritating for the legitimate users.

The headache I get with a cold is very different from my M. Generally a all over ache...no stabbing pain, no photophobia. And whatever I take fir the cold usually takes care of the headache.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed 11 May 2011, 8:57 pm

Just like Charlotte said, I have to sign to prove I'm not a meth head, which I'm OK with, I just wish that I could actually buy the amount that 2 adults need to get through a bad cold in one purchase, which you can't, due to the limits they set.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down