The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My health brought up at work

4 posters

Go down

My health brought up at work Empty My health brought up at work

Post  Paradox Mon 13 Jun 2011, 12:11 pm

You may remember I was very excited that I made an important Board in my profession that covers 1/2 of my state. I'm taking it on step further, and am going to ask my friend on the Board to nominate me for President. In light of the other folks on the Board, with the exclusion of one, I feel I'm the best person for the job.

I asked two close friends for their honest opinions on how they think I would do. They have been in many meetings with me over the years and many that I have chaired. They said yes, I have the tools to do, but one is concerned about my health being able to handle the stress of it.

My partner at work is great in giving me "down" time after these meetings ( I have to drive two hours one way).

I think I can tough my way through the meetings. I've done it before. And I have the time to collapse after them.

Has anyone else taken on too much responsibility? I think if I make president I will resign from another board I'm on.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

My health brought up at work Empty Re: My health brought up at work

Post  milo Mon 13 Jun 2011, 6:14 pm

Yes, I have had a co-worker that I admire ask me to consider my health when I was talking about taking on a bigger role. I think giving up the other board is a good idea though, too much can end up bringing it all to a stop.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Mon 13 Jun 2011, 10:31 pm

In the end only we know how much we can or can't do. Yes, I definitely take on too much. Have been learning to slow down. Ha!

If you think you can do it, then go for it,. If you don't think you're up to it, you're really the only one who can say.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Thu 16 Jun 2011, 5:55 pm

Ditto to what MG have said- in the end, only we know what we can handle or not.

If you are 100% sure you can handle it in the long run, Char - go for it!!! abso-lutely!!!

cheers

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down