The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Update- medication holiday and migraine

4 posters

Go down

Update- medication holiday and migraine  Empty Update- medication holiday and migraine

Post  sconesail Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:53 pm

Hi All,

When I got back from the Cleveland Clinic, all the doctors there had suggested that I stop the meds I was taking for migraine. So, over the course of two weeks- I got off everything- (Daily tylenol 3, klonopin, benedryl.) So far, things have gone pretty well. My PCP did give me Ultram, which has helped tremdously. Going off everything was hard, but I did it. I am not sure how it is effecting the fainting. I am still fainting at least 5-10 times a day.

I have had a pretty bad migrain for the past few days and I have taken one klonpin to get me through, but that is all. I just wish we knew what the cause was-then we could treat it. I don't have the results from anything at Cleveland right now. I also had an ambulatory EEg last week, but don't know if it showed anything.

Anyway, just wanted to update you.

Pain free days,
sconesail

sconesail
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Update- medication holiday and migraine  Empty Re: Update- medication holiday and migraine

Post  Cluelesskitty Mon 19 Dec 2011, 11:56 pm

I admire you, Sconesy.

I am sure it is a heck to go thru what are you going thru, and I doubt I would not go for it, personally.
I wish you the best with it, and hopefully the CC honchos will come up with their end of bargain since you certainly did!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Update- medication holiday and migraine  Empty Re: Update- medication holiday and migraine

Post  Porsche Fan Tue 20 Dec 2011, 2:11 am

scone,

looks like you may have taken at least the rebound aspect from the meds out of the equation. benadryl no doubt will give you rebound, and Klonopin is very cyclical--you can tell when your body wants the next dose.

no news on the EEG--doesn't take long to read them. i guessing it may be normal. glad to hear about the ultram. it really doesn't do too much for me until you hit the 100mg dose.

good luck!
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Tue 20 Dec 2011, 11:45 am

Hugs!

You seem to me to need them, as well as tea and sympathy right now. I'm glad you've safely tapered and that the ultram is helping, but I really wish they could figure out what's going on. I'm also glad that the really bad spell of fainting you had while tapering has tapered back too. Please take care.

IDK if you celebrate, but Merry Christmas! santa rendeer Enjoy the three day weekend, and eat something lovely, even if it's not a Christmas dinner!

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down