The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surgery tomorrow!

+4
Cluelesskitty
milo
Porsche Fan
30yrsofheadache
8 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Surgery tomorrow! - Page 2 Empty Surgery tomorrow!

Post  30yrsofheadache Mon 09 Jan 2012, 5:56 am

First topic message reminder :

Please send me some thoughts or prayers tomorrow (Tuesday). I will be undergoing my breast reduction to hopefully help my neck and head pain. I am a little nervous since I have never had general anesthesia. I had 2 C-sections, so not so worried about the recovery. What can be worse than migraine at its worst? So, I might not be online for a few days after today.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Surgery tomorrow! - Page 2 Empty Re: Surgery tomorrow!

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:28 am

Thanks, Cheryl.I am very excited about buying new lingerie, eventually! I know you have a lot going on right now. How is Anna doing. I do keep up on Caring Bridge, just dont always reply.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 25 Jan 2012, 5:38 am

Milo,I am so glad it went well. Did you have to have the photos taken? That was one of the worst parts for me! Who knows where they ended up. They had to send them to the insurance company. Here is something to think about. I guess I was in denial about the extra weight I have around my middle. You know, before, it all evened out. Now it is quite obvious Mad . I wish I had done that work before the surgery. Of course, the Plastic Surgeon is telling me he can help with that. NO WAY! I can do that myself.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 25 Jan 2012, 6:47 pm

. I wish I had done that work before the surgery. Of course, the Plastic Surgeon is telling me he can help with that. NO WAY!

What do you mean, Cindy ? I thought plastic surgeons were great for precisely these things?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:14 pm

I mean he wants to do some type of tummy tuck Shocked . I would never get surgery for something I can work on with diet and exercise. Way too stressful on the body! I only had the breast reduction for relief of my neck and upper back pain. The rest is just a nice side effect!!!!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:16 pm

UGHHHH...the pictures! Nothing like a paper gown to make you feel more then naked. He took pics on his phone!!!! But he did warn me about it first...lol Uncomfortable but done...and mine don't need to go to the insurance company! Phew
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 25 Jan 2012, 8:35 pm

Oh I see Cindy! I have to confess, though I am so lazy I would go for a tummy tuck in a heartbeat! Embarassed
(well, and saggy, too!)

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 27 Jan 2012, 11:16 am

What you dont want to hear your surgeon say at your 2 1/2 week follow-up "Boy , we really beat you up didnt we?" Evil or Very Mad Still bruised and infected, but not to the point of needing oral antibiotics (of course, I am already on daily antibiotics for Lyme). I am greatful that the pain is not too bad and my head is behaving pretty well Very Happy Hope everyone else is doing OK.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 27 Jan 2012, 6:02 pm

Oh, yeah, your head - have you noticed if the surgery mattered in regard to your M at all?
I was thinking- less stress on your neck and back, less muscle pulling etc maybe = less head pain??
something along these lines...

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sat 28 Jan 2012, 4:58 am

A potential decrease in migraines is the real reason I had the surgery. My neck and upper back are feeling much better. But, its hard to tell about the head yet. Usually my worst ones are centered around my periods. I havent had one since the surgery. No hot flashes either this month, so I probably will have it. So, we'll see. I am hoping for the best. sunny
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 30 Jan 2012, 7:23 pm

I'm hoping the best for you too!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue 28 Feb 2012, 9:01 pm

How are things now?

I just got my surgery date today. Super nervous!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 29 Feb 2012, 5:51 pm

Wow! Happy for you Milo! cheers
so, when is your surgery ?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:29 pm

Milo, So when is your surgery? Dont be nervous, it really wasnt a bad experience at all! I was glad to get put to sleep due to migraine and I didnt need that much pain meds afterwards. I did end up with a hardened area on one side from old blood gathered there. It is very hard, but not painful. They are doing ultrasound treatments to break it up.

My upper back pain is gone. I think neck pain is somewhat better. Truthfully, I am having so much stress from other things, my head is not much better yet. I think it will be when things calm down. Rolling Eyes The best part is, I can wear cute tops again!!!!! Down from 38DD to 36C. My husband is very happy with the new me.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 29 Feb 2012, 7:40 pm

That is great news!

I'm booked for May.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat 03 Mar 2012, 4:47 pm

Cindy,

I'm intrigued to about your progress as I have the neck and upper cervical issues along with the migraines, too. I've often wondered if this would help. Sorry about the post-surgery migraine--I get those, too, if I do not ask the anesthesiologist for something before surgery.

I hope your healing continues swiftly, and that the swelling and infection go away soon. Glad you're migraines are not causing problems. Maybe this will be the miracle you've been waiting for.

Good luck to you on your surgery, Milo. I'll be waiting to hear if it helps you as well. Hope you're able to avoid the migraine following surgery (ask for something to prevent it--I've done that on recent surgeries, and the anesthesiologists are usually very happy to help out).
tecky
tecky
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 11 Apr 2012, 9:14 pm

Can we please have an update on how your twins are doing?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Fri 04 May 2012, 7:16 pm

Just survived my surgery friends. I feel an instant relief on the pressure on my shoulders and neck (I went super small for this very reason). I'm in a lot of pain from the surgery but so far they look great and I already feel like the results will be better then I allowed myself to expect. How this affects my migraines will remain unknown for a long while, but so far the decrease in pressure on my shoulders is faboulous!

I will update as soon as I'm feeling a bit better.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers my friends.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  steph Fri 04 May 2012, 11:08 pm

I have been considering talking to someone about this type of surgery as well. I would consider myself quite large and have wondered about this helping somewhat. I don't think it is the key to my migraines, as I grew larger after the migraines started. I kind of have the mindset that I don't really need these jugs anyways so why not try...lol

My family also has a history of breast cancer. My mom is actually a 2x survivor and had double bi-lateral mastectomies. My Aunt went the same route when she was diagnosed, considering what my mom had gone through. So I am wondering if having much of the tissue removed will help at all. Not sure on that one, but I doubt it would hurt.
steph
steph
Two star
Two star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat 05 May 2012, 1:40 pm

All of my tissue will go to the lab to be screened for this very reason.

Well, it's been 24 hours since the surgery and I am able to get up, walk around and eat. I couldn't wait to try some of my clothes on, so I was bad and did. So awesome!

I'm in a lot of pain but it's better then yesterday. Luckily I just saw my pain doctor before the surgery so I have extra meds.

The difference in my neck is unbelieveable! Like, seriously unbelievable! I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be wearing as I lay around recovering so I put on a snug camisole (kinda like a loose spanx) and that is it. If anyone has suggestions about what I should have on them please let me know, the post discharge info was pretty limited and I don't have a follow-up for a week or two. I've been icing as much as I can and have not touched the dressings. I sleep with two dogs and am petrified of getting dog hair anywhere near my incisions.

Last night I didn't really sleep, but I did nod off in and out and feel as rested as one would expect. It's pretty tough but I still feel like it will be totally worth it!!!! I can't believe I went from having giant twins to IBT. Yay
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 05 May 2012, 4:37 pm

Are you kidding?! who cares what clothes, now that anything fits!
That means serious trip to the mall! preferably Holt Renfrew !
and tons of fun trying new clothes on !!!

cheers

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Sat 05 May 2012, 11:18 pm

I'm so glad you're doing well. Keep taking care of yourself! I'm off to take another round of meds, my head is being a problem child this week.

Sara79
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun 06 May 2012, 5:53 am

Milo, Sorry I have been slow to answer. Between the move and my head, I havent had much time. I am glad you are happy with your results. The pain should be manageable soon. I think a lot of it is the swelling. Did they not put you in a support bra right after surgery?

I had to wear mine for 2 weeks day and night, only off for showering. It was pretty comfortable and unzipped in front to make it easier. I had dressings and gauze underneath it. If you didnt get that, you should have someone go out and get one for you. There is usually someone in a large department store trained to help with breast surgery issues.

I was also not supposed to lift my arms over my head or do anything stressful with the arms for a month. No driving for several weeks. I am surprised that you dont go back to the Dr. for 2 weeks. I had to go after 3 days. I did have a minor infection that they caught. Keep an eye out for heat and redness in the incisions.

Enjoy your new shape, I love mine!
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sun 06 May 2012, 3:34 pm

I'm still alive. Still in lots of pain but slowly getting better. The dressing change yesterday was really painful but everything looked good from what I could see. Won't be able to see beneath the rest of the bandaids for some time now.

I'll update when I can. Smile
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sun 06 May 2012, 4:40 pm

Oh, sorry Milo I guess I, The Clueless Queen, misunderstood about what you are supposed to dress - I thought you mean
what to dress in general,
not after the surgery!

Luckily there are smarter peeps than me on this board and you already got excellent advice, whew!

Now, to a speedy recovery!
Surgery tomorrow! - Page 2 Alcoho10

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon 07 May 2012, 6:03 pm

lol...funny clueless! I figured out what "clothes" to wear by whatever I had on! lol.

I've switched from the tight cami into a soft sports bra that does up in the front. I've a call into the surgeon to get proper direction, but almost everything I read talks about wearing a sports type bra non-stop for up to a month after the surgery.

Managed an assisted shower today and we took a look at the incisons. Lots of bruising but everything appears to be where it should be.

I still can't believe how little pressure I have on my shoulders and neck. I know I've been bed-bound for several days, so I'm tight all over now but still the affects are unbelievable. I have a feeling I'll be soooo freaking happy once I've went through the healing process.

Yup. I'm still in a lot of pain but my friend asked today if I already feel as though it was worth it and I had a resounding "YES".

Also, I won't know what they actually look like for another month or so, but I'm already so very, very happy with them. I think it's impossible to put into words, but I'm sure some of you bigger chested women would just get what I'm saying.

Happy healing....update again soon! <3
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next