The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain! Some Comments

3 posters

Go down

Pain!  Some Comments Empty Pain! Some Comments

Post  Porsche Fan Thu 24 May 2012, 11:24 pm

Hi Everyone:

This is a subject all of us know well--PAIN.

From migraines to injuries, etc. It sucks. I think as migraineurs we have really been able to adapt to the pain. It's uncomforable. It hurts. It screws your life up entirely.

I'm not grumpy about M's too much. I still get hit by them but my docs give me enough meds to keep me out of the hospital.

From my other health problems, especially the disc/nerve issues in my spine and joint damage...things hurt.

I took a dose of some meds my doc has prescribed for me. Note, I'm not a little guy and usually it takes an elephant dose to help.

It kills my sleep. Most of these pain meds will amp me up, and cause some other not that great side effects.

I was in a boatload of pain late tues going into wednesday. So, out of my inventory I took my pain meds. Tab 1 needed a follow up with Tab 2 by directions of the physcian. I didn't sleep. However even in my zombie-like state, I seemed to think better. I had no pain--and it felt good.

I think I may need to talk to my doc about my massive revalation that duh, I feel better without pain. Maybe the aspect of fighting pain is just outmoded and stupid. However it was nice to enjoy a day without pain.

Today, it has well worn off. All my joints are sore. I have a migrainous HA. Even my ankles hurt. It's amazing what treating pain can do, and how rough pain just is. Miserable.

Just my observation. I may just have that talk with my doc about controlling pain on an ongoing basis. I try to just bear it, however as I get a bit older it seems pointless to suffer.

Most people laugh when I say I'm old. I feel like a 90 year old most of the time.

Just some thoughts, sorry for the ramble.
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Pain!  Some Comments Empty Re: Pain! Some Comments

Post  30yrsofheadache Fri 25 May 2012, 6:10 am

Yes, to all of your post! I decided several years ago to ignore the rebound theories and take my pain meds twice a day so that I can rest properly. I have had some kind of moderate to severe pain most of my life and I am tired of it. Mad I am a small person, so I dont need a lot for my day to day pain.

I also have the problem of not sleeping with most pain meds. I find a dose of Phenergan with pain meds (at night) helps. I do need a large amount of pain meds for a bad migraine, though. My Dr. always laughs at my pain drawing, where you mark a dot where you have pain. Mine has many dots all over.

Sometimes I just color it all in. Not usually more than a 4, but its constant and draining to deal with. I rarely have to increase my dose. So, I think it is OK to take pain meds to help you get through. Not wimpy at all! I hope you are feeling better today.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Fri 25 May 2012, 10:49 pm

I wonder why some meds do that, and if for everyone?
I am usually very sleepy during M, so it doesn't matter what I take, which anyway I take always the same stuff -
percocet and maxalt.
rarely, I add Gravol. I find this help to fall asleep faster.

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Porsche Fan Sun 27 May 2012, 12:02 am

The pain issue--well, sucks.

Migraines are painful but they aren't the worst part of my pain. My spine is. Numerous partial herniations, discs cracking, osteophytes. It's through the entire spine. Shoulder sore still from surgery. Muscle and skeletal pain from cholesterol med. It's just a bit (by a bit, i mean a lot) irritating.

Pain meds give me a ton of bad side effects--that's why I try to avoid them. However when everything from nerve, joint, and muscle pain is included you have to ask the doc "is this right to be like this?"

I have the meds--that's not the problem. I just hate taking them. The S/Es cause the rest of my body some major problems. We're going to need to strike a balance at some point. Gosh knows. That's why you have to have a good relationship with your docs. I know this is very hard.

One of the largest problems with pain meds is it kills my sleep. I can't sleep on just about all of them. They wind me up fully awake. As you guys know, there is no easy answer to any of this.

Take care,
PF
Porsche Fan
Porsche Fan
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down