The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger?

4 posters

Go down

Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger? Empty Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger?

Post  milo Wed 20 Feb 2013, 10:13 pm

Hi, just discovered nutritional yeast last night on some popcorn someone else had made. I had it about 8 PM and by 4 AM I was wide awake writhing in excruciating migraine pain. I didn't put two and two together until just now while I was checking out where to buy some of the yeast flakes. I'm so glad I looked it up as it looks like it is a major trigger for people.

I literally has three to five kernels!

Anyone find this as a trigger?
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger? Empty Re: Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger?

Post  milo Fri 22 Feb 2013, 8:55 pm

So I am absolutely certain this was the trigger as the migraine went away the following day. It makes me wonder if I should look at other glutamate's. I already eat almost gluten free, though not as strict as someone with ciliac disease would follow.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger? Empty Re: Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger?

Post  Migrainegirl Fri 22 Feb 2013, 9:04 pm

I have certainly heard that freshly baked goods can be a trigger for some people due to the yeast.
I've never heard of nutritional yeast, but I'd think the same principle would hold. Probably more so.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 23 Feb 2013, 1:55 am

yeah, I've too, heard freshly baked breads and pastries could be a migraine trigger.
I never thought why exactly, but who knows maybe it is yeast. maybe still fresh, warm vs cooled down and somewhat stale
for some reason makes a difference, I don't know?

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Nutritional yeast as a migraine trigger? Empty Some cheese too

Post  familydr95 Sat 13 Apr 2013, 10:54 pm

I not only that I have experience that kind of experience with some kind of cheese too. HAve not you faced this problem..?
familydr95
familydr95
One star
One star

http://protectyourhealthtips.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 17 Apr 2013, 8:50 pm

Probably with aged cheese. I have went decades without identifying triggers, so to identify this one was a bit surprising.
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down