The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disability update!

4 posters

Go down

Disability update! Empty Disability update!

Post  KimbaK Tue 05 Jul 2011, 4:23 pm

I just got a letter from DARS (TX Dept of Assist and Rehab Services) stating that I need to complete their impaired function paperwork as SS has requested their assistance in evaluating my disability for benefits.

Maybe now all the jobs I have lost due to migraine will pay off. I finally counted and I've had 15 jobs since 1993 and migraine absences for each. And... in 2008-2009 I worked for DBS (Div. for Blind Serv) which is a state agency under DARS. Sooo... they will have all the counseling I received for my excessive absences already on file. Maybe I'll catch a break on this one... I will list each person I tried to educate on my migraines here in the local office. My supervisor is supposedly planning to retire soon, so maybe this is good timing, in that he will be familiar with my name.

KimbaK
Three Star
Three Star

Back to top Go down

Disability update! Empty Re: Disability update!

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 06 Jul 2011, 1:56 am

I have a hunch this will matter.
After all, you apply for disability because you can't work, doesn't you? This prove that.

Good luck, Kim!

Risa
Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed 06 Jul 2011, 7:41 am

I hope you find success. Make sure you fill out any "self report" sections describing the worst case scenario rather then when you are at your best. I know here, the self report part is very, very important. Good luck!
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Wed 06 Jul 2011, 5:17 pm

I also believe, the detailed cost of your disease.
Everything, even the extra box of Kleenex you have to use just for M and every ice cube for ice pack for you M counts.
The childcare, the missed working hrs, the cab fares - everything you can think of.

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat 09 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

Absolutely, this is where it will finally pay off. That, and all the medications we have been guinea pigs for and all the time and $$ we have spent going from Dr. To Dr. to find the magical cure all.
Paradox
Paradox
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down