The Fabulous Migraine Underworld
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad night stuck on airplane

4 posters

Go down

Bad night stuck on airplane  Empty Bad night stuck on airplane

Post  Migrainegirl Wed 20 Jul 2011, 8:47 pm

i got trapped on a sweltering airplane yesterday for 2-1/2 hours, which of course brought on a major migraine. It was soooo frustrating to keep sitting there on the tarmac, with no clearance time from ATC to take off (bad weather at the destination). The pilot refused to take us back to the gate. And there was almost no A/C (to save fuel of course). This was in 100 degree and humid Washington DC. I just kept getting worse and worse.

I was afraid to declare a medical problem, as they would not have let me fly at all after that, and I didn't want to get stuck there over night. After waiting so long, I wouldn't have gotten home anyway as there was no way to make my connecting flight and no other flights out from JFK that night. Finally, after all that he did go back to the gate and I was able to get on a different flight home. But by that time, I was well into a migraine for the night.

I took 2 triptans just to be able to drive home. But it was pretty awful. I feel like heck today. I don't know if this is migraine hangover, or if it's from the Triptans. I still feel like every nerve on my body is fried and my head is achy and by left eyeball keeps having the icepick pains.

Sorry. I just needed to vent some. I hate knowing I'm going to get a migraine and not being able to do anything to prevent it.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Bad night stuck on airplane  Empty Re: Bad night stuck on airplane

Post  30yrsofheadache Thu 21 Jul 2011, 8:35 am

T hat sounds terrible! I thought the airlines werent allowed to hold people for long periods on the plane anymore. I got stuck like that in Bermuda once and my head was not happy either. Luckily, I was with family, so they could drive. If you ever get stuck over in DC, let me know. I will rescue you (Dulles Airport is pretty close). Or if you are visiting and have extra time, I would love to meet you! Hope you are feeling better. Be glad you got away, today the heat index is 110.
Hugs,
Cindy

30yrsofheadache
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu 21 Jul 2011, 3:04 pm

Thanks Cindy! That is most kind of you.

I am still dealing with a migraine hangover 2 days later. I feel like a truck ran over me.
They have no idea what one of these can do to a person. And I was feeling so happy that i had gone over two weeks without any headache problems at all! Oh well.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Thu 21 Jul 2011, 10:30 pm

I hope things have settled. I'd go nuts gettimg stuck on a plane like that. UGHHHHHH
milo
milo
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cluelesskitty Sat 23 Jul 2011, 5:20 pm

I am so sorry! what an ordeal for you, MG!

as for the hangover, it may be from triptans but not necessarily.
I remember pre-triptan era, and I had these after M hangovers all the same.
I wonder if you could have asked the flight att. to have made an ice packs for you?

I will be flying to PL in one week - on Aug 1st, and am very worried if they won't take my meds away - it's a month supply.
On one hand I can simply pack them in my baggage, but then I am freaking out what if it get stolen or lost?
the month worth of percs gone, yikes!
On the other I procrastinated too long and didn't get the letter from the dr in the end, just the container from the Pharmacy, yikes...

Risa

Cluelesskitty
Cluelesskitty
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun 24 Jul 2011, 3:30 pm

I would hand carry that. It's not safe to trust any prescription med in checked baggage. They do open the suitcases.

I have never had a problem carrying prescription meds in my purse or carry on. Just leave them in their original containers with your name on the label.

And thanks for the sympathy. I am finally feeling better today. That little episode threw me off all week.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl
Four Star
Four Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down